Jeremy Pruitt Thanks Saban for Coaching Opportunity During Broyles Award Speech

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Very different from what we heard a few months ago. Seems like he's trying to mend some bridges. Link

“Coach Saban had a vision that he wanted to take over the state, at that time, from Auburn. Coach Tuberville was there,” Pruitt said. “(Saban) wanted to hire several high school coaches to help off the field. (Hoover coach Rush Probst) suggested, ‘Why don’t you hire an assistant coach? That would help the head coaches in this state. Every year, why don’t you hire an assistant coach? It will be motivation for the assistants. It will help us. Obviously, you can get some of these head coaches. Hire an assistant coach.’

“I sit here and tell everybody this: I played at Alabama, my dad was an influential head coach in the state of Alabama, and I probably know a lot of the high school coaches in the state of Alabama. But the real reason Coach Saban gave me a job was because I had three guys he wanted. I have a lot of folks say, ‘How did you get picked out of all those guys? ‘ I said, (players). They said, ‘Oh, yeah. I see now.’ I’m very happy he gave me the opportunity, and not only that, but that he promoted me from within to be a coach on his staff.”

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Probably trying to mend bridges in the event Kirby Smart ends up taking a HC job somewhere...and Alabama starts looking for a DC. If nothing else it would help him get a raise at FSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Now that Winston has turned out to be a rapist, can we start liking Pruitt again? :wink:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Haha I like how they spelled it "Probst". I guess people will always be taking jabs at him. As for Pruitt, idk why people on here don't like the guy. I knew him personally back when he was a coach at Hoover. He was my strength coach back in 2004/2005. This guys knows what he is doing and he is well deserving of that award. You can't blame a guy for moving on to what he feels may better his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Haha I like how they spelled it "Probst". I guess people will always be taking jabs at him. As for Pruitt, idk why people on here don't like the guy. I knew him personally back when he was a coach at Hoover. He was my strength coach back in 2004/2005. This guys knows what he is doing and he is well deserving of that award. You can't blame a guy for moving on to what he feels may better his career.

Folks never were mad about that. It was the way he left. He recruited committed Alabama players to FSU while still on staff at Alabama. He also made some public comments about Saban and Bama that were fairly ridiculous.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Folks never were mad about that. It was the way he left. He recruited committed Alabama players to FSU while still on staff at Alabama. He also made some public comments about Saban and Bama that were fairly ridiculous.
Yes I know he was frustrated about being passed up for the DC position. It's called ambition which goes back to what I said wanting to further his career. As for the recruiting. Would you feel mad if another assistant coach came to Alabama and started recruiting players from the school he came from?? Being committed is one thing but it's not until you sign the dotted line. Yeah it sucks but that's how it is.

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
I would hope you don't burn bridges in the coaching profession. He may or may not be backtracking. I was surprised when Coach hired Lance Thompson back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.