2013 Alabama-Mississippi All Star Game

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The game is this Saturday.

Here are the rosters.

Players of note for Alabama fans:

Alabama players

6 Racean Thomas, RB, 5'11, 200
16 Ronnie Clark, DB, 6'3, 218
26 Marlon Humphrey, DB, 6', 185
30 Tre' Williams, ILB, 6'3, 230
32 Shaun Hamilton, ILB, 6'1, 225
40 Rashaan Evans, OLB, 6'3, 220
42 Keith Holcombe, OLB, 6'3, 209
73 Joshua Casher, OL, 6'2, 300

Mississippi players

9 C. J. Hampton, LB, 6'2, 195

Note: Ronnie practiced at LB today for the Alabama squad. Not sure why CJ Hampton is listed as a LB, either.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here are some recruiting articles, tweets, and pictures...

Alabama commits have different approaches with top Tide prospect Marlon Humphrey at all-star practice

Watch Alabama commit Ronnie Clark practice, intercept a pass in all-star game practice

From Andrew Bone's tweets today at practice:

SDH

Ronnie Clark (practiced at OLB today)

Jordan Sims

Is something brewing with #Alabama and Homewood OL Jordan Sims? http://alabama.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=427&tid=195613113&mid=195613113&sid=885&style=2 …

Not a bad LB unit for Team Alabama: Tre Williams, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Ronnie Clark, Rashaan Evans and Keith Holcombe.
One side of kickoff coverage team features Marlon Humphrey, Tre Williams, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Rashaan Evans, Stephen Roberts. Good luck.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Thanks for posting. Humphrey looks technically sound. Good change of direction. Plays the receiver, not the QB. I hope SDH, Keith Holcombe, Ronnie Clark and others can firm him up to Bama. I'm curious how much Jameis Winston has been in his ear. JW is a great recruiter and leader.
I'm predicting JW to have a rough off season though. I know Manziel and Winston are 2 different people, but being a freshman with all the publicity of winning the Heisman and NC can turn you into an unstoppable force. I'm really afraid that if Humphrey goes to FSU, trouble will find him too. See Maudrecas. STay close to home MArlon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247's mid-week report for the Alabama team.

Top performers

1. Marlon Humphrey, CB - He's got a five-star next to his name and has unreasonable expectations everywhere he goes, but Humphrey met those expectations this week. The rangy, fluid cornerback was terrific in coverage early this week, showing a great feel for route understanding and the athleticism to react to what he sees. He looked like the nation's top cornerback is supposed to look.

2. Keith Holcombe, LB - The Alabama commitment has good size but flashed the speed to match this week and was all over the field. If practice had been live all week, Holcombe would've been the leading tackler based on how much he was around the football. The four-star runs around like he's a walk-on trying to make the team but he's got talent of a four-year starter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.