Not open for further replies.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
With Mack Brown retiring, coaching sweepstakes will accelerate
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 11th, 2013 12:15 AM

. By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Dec. 10, 2013   Mack Brown is set to retire from the University of Texas by week’s end, ESPN reported Tuesday, an act that would set into motion one of the most high-stakes versions of the college coaching carousel seen in recent years.   TideFans.com and other outlets reported […]

Read More Here
There's a twitter post saying Saban to Texas is a done deal... Some reporter in Texas

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Since when has Finebaum been good at anything? Do Alabama fans even like him?
He is a University of Tenercee grad and I like him a little more then Phat Phil, the Secret Witness!!!!!!!! And I despise the Phat one!

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
Since when has Finebaum been good at anything? Do Alabama fans even like him?
EXCELLENT POINT quixoft. As to the other discussion we were having, it's one thing to lie to reporters, co-workers, etc., that you're looking at another job. But when your wife gives an interview to the Wall Street Journal and she says definitively "We aren't going anywhere." "We are retiring in Tuscaloosa. This is home." etc., and you make definitive statements that you're staying put, and you tell recruits that you will NOT be leaving, you will be coaching at Alabama, and their parents make sure you're being straight with their kids, etc., can you not see that THAT is an integrity issue? It's one thing if you're like Mack Brown and you're not in charge of your destiny. It's yet another when you ARE and you lie to the young men you want to influence. I think you're looking at it from the perspective of the fan of the school he could potentially come to. But let me tell you - if the situation was reversed, you'd see my point.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Jesus actually has very good sources and has been spot on with 90% of his stuff. He nailed Deloss Dodds resigning a month before anyone. Even when the Texas athletic department denied it to the last minute. His site is exploding as he's blown away the competition with his reports.
Forgive me if I incorrectly assume that you're a Longhorn fan looking for tidbits here (welcome to TideFans), but all I needed to hear from Jesus Shuttlesworth started at 10:18 into the 12/10/13 blogcast from the Inside Texas site:

http://www.insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=4706

I have to question the veracity of such an amateurish sounding production (and even Jesus admits that he's only reciting the rumor du jour), even if he and his cohorts believe in themselves. The fact that he claims his source(s) said that Saban would be announced as HC at the Texas football banquet is so over the top that I can't even find the words. I can just see Mack joining in the applause.

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
Forgive me if I incorrectly assume that you're a Longhorn fan looking for tidbits here (welcome to TideFans), but all I needed to hear from Jesus Shuttlesworth started at 10:18 into the 12/10/13 blogcast from the Inside Texas site:

http://www.insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=4706

I have to question the veracity of such an amateurish sounding production (and even Jesus admits that he's only reciting the rumor du jour), even if he and his cohorts believe in themselves. The fact that he claims his source(s) said that Saban would be announced as HC at the Texas football banquet is so over the top that I can't even find the words. I can just see Mack joining in the applause.
OMG...I didn't read the garbage, but that is unreal! Can you imagine? Poor old Mack. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
OMG...I didn't read the garbage, but that is unreal! Can you imagine? Poor old Mack. I actually feel sorry for the guy.
Hopefully, Coach Mack's replacement will be tooooooo small to wear his Jock Strap! I think Mack has an outstanding record at UTw. I saw that record earlier today and because of senility, I can't remember it but it was like 150+ - 40+. The Horns are not treating him right and they don't deserve a Nick Saban!

Hire USCw's former coach! They deserve him!

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
Hopefully, Coach Mack's replacement will be tooooooo small to wear his Jock Strap! I think Mack has an outstanding record at UTw. I saw that record earlier today and because of senility, I can't remember it but it was like 150+ - 40+. The Horns are not treating him right and they don't deserve a Nick Saban!

Hire USCw's former coach! They deserve him!
He deserves better treatment. He's had to ignore a lot of talk the past couple of years.

RollEagles

Jan 8, 2013
LOL...I know. But it's as legit as all the crap we've seen out of Texas tonight.
Some of the garbage coming out of Texas. Good lord. The one that is the worst is the rumor that Nick Saban is going to be announced at their banquet on Friday. What a joke. At a banquet honoring Mack Brown and the 2013 Texas Longhorns season, they are going to introduce Nick Saban? Yeah right.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
EXCELLENT POINT quixoft. As to the other discussion we were having, it's one thing to lie to reporters, co-workers, etc., that you're looking at another job. But when your wife gives an interview to the Wall Street Journal and she says definitively "We aren't going anywhere." "We are retiring in Tuscaloosa. This is home." etc., and you make definitive statements that you're staying put, and you tell recruits that you will NOT be leaving, you will be coaching at Alabama, and their parents make sure you're being straight with their kids, etc., can you not see that THAT is an integrity issue? It's one thing if you're like Mack Brown and you're not in charge of your destiny. It's yet another when you ARE and you lie to the young men you want to influence. I think you're looking at it from the perspective of the fan of the school he could potentially come to. But let me tell you - if the situation was reversed, you'd see my point.
The whole "integrity" aspect is laughable. LSU and Dolphins fans said the same thing seven years ago. It is hypocritical for we, as Alabama supporters, to question the man's integrity. Integrity is worth less than a National Title. If he starts losing or even not winning every game every year, then people will be walking him to the exit.

Saban is the best at what he does and will always be pursued by teams that need a Head Coach. Saban has also moved around many times in his career. Put those together and the drama will not end. Even if Saban signs a contract this year, that will only guarantee he will coach here next year and in December 2014 we'll be dealing with the same stuff again.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Lovie Smith from da bears?

makes sense, Lovie was born and raised in Texas. Good ole home boy. Not to mention great coach. How well will he be able to handle recruiting?

Last edited:

YellowhammerLA

3rd Team
Jan 14, 2007
Texas is not going to get Saban. Or one of the Harbaugh boys. Or Chip Kelly. Or Jeff Fisher or Jimbo Fisher or Derek Fisher.

In the end, the burnt orange nation will find that they got greedy and replaced a kind, capable, championship-level head coach with someone more or less unproven like Charlie Strong. Hook 'em.

As for Bama fans, hopefully this will serve as a wake up call that we have the best coach in college football and we should appreciate that fact and support him and our program to the best of our ability for as long as he and Terry are willing to put up with us.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Wow guys, I take a couple days off and this all comes to light. I just did some reading on Burnt-o-nation and got sick to my stomach. They have some very detailed stories about this whole process. I am hoping it is all BS. If not, I will feel a bit betrayed.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Wow guys, I take a couple days off and this all comes to light. I just did some reading on Burnt-o-nation and got sick to my stomach. They have some very detailed stories about this whole process. I am hoping it is all BS. If not, I will feel a bit betrayed.
A major problem has been bama fans getting news from Texas message boards. Texas to PAC 12 y'all! At this point most legit media is pointing to staying at bama. Those conspiracies have been brewing all year. Let's hope they are like most message board fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.