Who Thinks This Year Has Been A Failure ?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning going in to work. One of the Mikes (the little one) was talking about how we (Bama fans) consider this year a failure at 11-1. I damned sure don`t ! Am I disappointed that we don`t get a chance to try for a 3-peat? Sure, but who wouldn`t be ? I`m sure CNS and the team are too, but that`s a looooong way from considering the season a "failure".

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Definitely not me. A part of me thinks Saban should get coach of the year for taking this particular team farther. Up to the LSU game, we improved by leaps and bounds and had me believing we *could* do a 3-peat -- I didn't think so after the first few games. Btw, Mike and Mike are not serious sports journalists. Ok entertainment and they're pretty buffoonish.

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
I don't. I heard that also and Greenberg has never had much good to say about coach. He doesn't really know much about sports from what I can tell. He talks, thinks everybody else is wrong and he's above us. If it were up to Greenberg the NFL would be wearing flags already.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Not me! Sure we were disappointed with the loss to AU.....but that is just normal. 12-1 and the Sugar bowl.....always good.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
That's what you get for listening to 2 Yankee talking heads, who know zero about college football. Remember that both of these clowns picked notre dame to beat us last year....and by a big spread. LOL

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Definitely not a failure of a season. It's not what everyone wanted or expected, but it's far from a failure.

The absolute worst way to describe it would be that it's a "forgettable" season in our current "dynasty". Put this season in the mid-80s or early to mid 2000s and it'd be one of the best of that coaching era. Put it now and it is "just another" 10 win season in our current run. It's kind of like winning a $5 million lottery a year after winning $300 million (perspective would change a lot if there wasn't the prior jackpot).

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Another fine season for Bama, ending with a great bowl and opponent. Who cares what radio/tv guys say. They make their living stirring the pot.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
In this era, it's irrational for an SEC team to consider a BCS bowl a failure. Furthermore, Alabama finished third in the BCS standings. There's not much difference between this year, 2011, and 2012. A single loss in a season with this many games can't be considered a failure.

Look at Notre Dame this year, they have to go to the Pinstripe Bowl to play a 6-6 team. That's one year removed from the BCSCG. We might consider 3 or four losses a failed season, but 1 or 2? Please...

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
These talking heads ALWAYS cast a wide brush… Comments like Bama fans are disappointed in the season just add more proof. Most if not all Bama fans I know remember all to well the previous circus we had under Shula, Dubose, etc. And to a man are all very appreciative of what CNS has done. Good grief, 3 national championships in 4 years! One season at 11-1 more than likely finishing 12-1 is NOT a failure.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not in the least. An 11-1 season is never a failure, in any universe. The last game was terribly disappointing but as I've said before, this group of players and coaches should be able to look back on what they've accomplished and be very proud of it. I know I am.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
If our goal was a National Championship, then it was a failure.

If it was to compete for one down to the last play of the season, then it was not.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The Ironbowl was a failure. The rest of the season was not. We accomplished a lot of our goals and we might end up #2 in the final poll if everythign lands the way I hope. Everyone seems to point to Alabama fans as unreasonable but last time I checked everybody wants to win the national championship and nobody's really truely satisfied at the end except for that one team. That is the game. If you work in college football and that causes you stress you need to go become an accountant or something.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The only way I see the season as a failure would be if we consistently made mistakes and consistently didn't correct them. You have a good bit control over your record but not total control over it. By playing every down at our best, we're going to win a lot of games. We're also going to lose a few. Our margin of points in losses over the past few years has been phenomenal. I'm not even close to being let down.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
If our goal was a National Championship, then it was a failure.

If it was to compete for one down to the last play of the season, then it was not.
I can see what they are trying to say, we didn't win the division, we didn't win the sec championship, and we won't get to play for a NC. I'm sure all of those were our goals going in and I think failure is the wrong word. We didn't achieve the level of success we are accustomed to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.