Who Thinks This Year Has Been A Failure ?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I don't get when people say hey, it was a great run.'

Why is 'the run' over after one loss? 'The run' is still going strong as long as CNS is at the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
The reason most are bummed is because until the very last (partial) second of our very last game...we were #1 and the odds on favorite to win the BCS Championship for the 3rd year in a row.

We haven't played another second of football since...so the wound is still open. We will make amends on January 2nd...and I hope God has mercy on the Sooners...because we will not.

MobileBay

Dec 3, 2013
Loss of most recent game...dissapointing
No SEC Title game...dissapointing
No National Championship game...dissapointing
How can anyone say a one loss season is a failure though.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
To even think an 11-1 season is a failure is absolutely crazy. People saying things like this and grouping all Bama fans together is also absurd. Just because A FEW fans feel it is a failure; I am sure 99.9% of us think we are having a great season and hopefully will top it off with a Sugar Bowl win. We are not going anywhere because of one loss ( look back at the last few recruiting classes) and it is something the rest of the football world will have to deal with.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
I was using run as a string of wins...from the first win after A&M lastyear to the loss at Auburn. I'm sure there are other ways to use the expression. I agree that as long as CNS is there Bama will be "running." :)

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
I don't get when people say hey, it was a great run.'

Why is 'the run' over after one loss? 'The run' is still going strong as long as CNS is at the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, as if we refer to it in the past tense. I think we are still in a great run and hope that it doesn't end any time soon. The only disappointment I had was in not beating AU, but the season is by no means a failure. Even the thought is absurd.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
I find it so irritating when the media tells the whole country how the Alabama fanbase feels when they AREN'T fans themselves. How do they base their rationale? They have no basis I'm fairly sure.Their projection of how we, as fans, think is so annoying to me. I heard this same message by several people on the various networks in the past couple of days and do not feel that way at all. Yes, the IB was a disappointment. I'm sure it was to the coaches and players, as well. Was our season a failure? No, it was certainly not a failure. We only lost one game the whole season. No wonder Saban appears to not like the media and has no patience with many of them.

Last edited:

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Absolutely not a failure. Disappointing end? Sure. But if you think back to the struggles against Virginia Tech (remember, without Christion Jones' special team plays we may have lost that thing) and how much the team has grown since then, you will see that this team put in a lot of work to get to the point it did and that they grew as a team. They were hit with some really bad breaks in the Iron Bowl and that means they won't get this year memorialized on a flag or on Saban's statue. But when someone is flipping through the record books years from now, I highly doubt they'll say "11-1 in 2013? What an awful season that must've been!"

It's just frustrating because the best team is not in the national championship.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I liken it to climbing Mt Everest for the 6th time. We have succeeded all the way to the top (3) times and gotten within sight of the summit (2) times including very close this year. Unexpected stormy weather prevented achievement intended (2) times. An avalanche hit in 2010,but we survived to climb again. Let's hope we are still prepared to start climbing again after this setback.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
I had a teacher that once told me "to shoot for the stars, if you miss you'll still get the moon" or something like that.

So to answer the question, yes I'm disappointed but the moon ain't to bad either!!

How many other teams finish the regular season 11 and, huh?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I definitely dont think it is a disappointment. We came up a bit short. I am disappointed that the team didnt play to its capabilities against auburn. however, id say the yr was a really good yr. i mean... we can't win the title EVERY year, right?

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
I definitely dont think it is a disappointment. We came up a bit short. I am disappointed that the team didnt play to its capabilities against auburn. however, id say the yr was a really good yr. i mean... we can't win the title EVERY year, right?
I'm an optimist, and with the way our CNS has recruited the past few yrs and this current one, It's easy to see that if he decides to stick around for a few more years that he may get another chance to 3peat again. I know how hard it is, but it is entirely possible if everyone continues to buy in;)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As long as our players give us all they have, and leaves it all on the football field, no matter win or lose, I'll always be just as proud of them..That's all I expect from them & will be proud of them no matter what..

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Had this been next year, no I would not consider it a failure. I am expecting several losses next year.

However, this year with a 5th year, Heisman candidate at qb, 2 studs at running backs, the deepest group of receivers in school history, Butkus winner at LB, an All American at safety and a schedule that was set up beautifully, yes I consider this season a failure with no championships.

I am not saying Alabama has to win a championship every year to have a successful season, I am just saying this particular year, anything less than an SEC Championship was a failure.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Had this been next year, no I would not consider it a failure. I am expecting several losses next year.

However, this year with a 5th year, Heisman candidate at qb, 2 studs at running backs, the deepest group of receivers in school history, Butkus winner at LB, an All American at safety and a schedule that was set up beautifully, yes I consider this season a failure with no championships.

I am not saying Alabama has to win a championship every year to have a successful season, I am just saying this particular year, anything less than an SEC Championship was a failure.

Gotta disagree with you on that. Considering how the season played out, it would have taken a perfect season (at least through the SECCG) to achieve "success". That is a pretty unfair expectation. 11-1 is a success, imho, no matter what else happens when you play in the SEC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.