Who Thinks This Year Has Been A Failure ?

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Failure ? LOL . It took the greatest play/fluke in aub-neck history to hand Alabama it's lone defeat .
Plus the fluke at the end of the Georgia game, without which I don't believe the goobs have the motivation or intestinal fortitude to even compete with Alabama in the Iron Bowl. That tipped passed against UGA gave them the belief that they could beat anybody. Unfortunately, I think they will probably beat the Seminoles. Hope I'm wrong.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
What speaks volumes about our program and the expectations of excellence in the air. We were on probation of some sort 70% of the time, 20 years, 1992 to 2012 but still averaged a NC every 5 years. Alabama is a force.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I think it was a kick right in the gut. And we will see how hungry they are to take some pain out on Oklahoma and carry over into next year.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
I actually like Mike & Mike...they are both mostly NFL guys, but they do offer some interesting perspective.

I don't live in Alabama any longer...from the outside, I completely understand why people would think that Bama fans see the season was a failure. Did you happen to catch some of the comments and melt down occurring on social media after the Iron Bowl? It sounded like some wanted to run Saban out of town...

No BCS Championship
No SEC Championship
No SEC West Division Championship.

We lost the one game that cost us all three of those team goals.

11 (potentially 12) wins is hardly a failure...but if someone told you in September that we would not accomplish any of the 3 above, you would think the season was a disaster. As it played out, it clearly was not a disaster, but 1 game that sunk the ship. That plays right into Saban's teaching and focus on finishing and focusing on your individual job for every game.

Not a failure in my mind...but I get why some think that...

Hermitide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
This season reminds me so much of 1999. 1-loss regular season, major bowl. And poor kicking cost us then too. Anybody remember Pflugner? Not a failure by any stretch. But it's sure gonna leave a bad taste in my mouth.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
We were one fluke play away from going for a three-peat. (Mizzou would have lost to us.)

Yeah, it was a disappointment for everyone (players, coaches and fans alike).

Sea7117

Dec 13, 2013
Missouri
I don't consider it a failure. I remember how it was before. I'm pleased. I mean the AU loss was hard to swallow, but we were only beaten not defeated.

bamaengr

Dec 5, 2013
Not a failure; but, a very large missed opportunity! Who knows when a chance at a three peat might come along again? Still, ROLL TIDE and thanks to all for the many, many enjoyable times and memories!!

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I don't consider it a failure. 11-1 is never a failure. Missing the NC game isn't really a failure either, despite being so close. But what is really annoying is, being the best, most dominating team in the conference over the last 6yrs and having only 2 SEC Championships to show for it. It just doesn't speak to how great we have been. Going 11-1 and coming away with nothing, not even a division title, is hard to swallow. Then to have a hated rival basically take our place? That is tough. I hope we "burry" Oklahoma by 50. Nothing personal. Just demons.

But next year, next year....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.