Link: 2013 Yahoo Sports College Football Bowl Pick'em

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
This yahoo thing aggravates the crap out of me. Every time I log out, I can't find the Tide Fans contest and end up accidentally starting a new pick set. GRRRRR. Did it last year, too. I guess I am just Yahoo stoopid. :)

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Five participants remain perfect after yesterday's match ups. RTO is off to a commanding lead with 54 points scoring 24 of them on Coach Mac's Colorado State Rams comeback victory. Moan is also perfect thus far. But we'll hold the accolades and see if blind monkey syndrome can be avoided. The bowl season is still young and anything can happen down the stretch as the games get tougher to predict.
Shades from last season for me I am afraid. I think I may have whatever our basketball team has in that I just can not seem to finish! ;) But it is still early and until the hammer drops I will bask in my current guru status. Just not to boisterously if ya know what I mean! ;)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
0-4 the first day, but lost only 38 points. I'm surprised I had that many riding considering how the first five or six games have gone in recent years. Two or three years ago all of the first 5 games were upsets.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
May as well be 0-5. I just switched 30 point pick on ECU over Ohio to 3 point pick on Ohio. Rice just destroyed Marshall, which had just destroyed ECU. Which doesn't say much for ECU. Plus, Ohio beat Marshall in week 3!

Last edited:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
May as well be 0-5. I just switched 30 point pick on ECU over Ohio to 3 point pick on Ohio. Rice just destroyed Marshall, which had just destroyed ECU. Which doesn't say much for ECU. Plus, Ohio beat Marshall in week 3!
That may turn out to have been a good change (we'll see), but I think you just gave up 33 points. From a common opponents perspective, your logic makes sense. But Ohio also lost to Central Michigan, who got crushed by NC State, who got crushed by ECU. Ohio was also crushed by 4-8 Akron.

Again, may turn out to be a good change on your part and I'll eat crow if Ohio wins. The early bowls between bad teams are the most difficult to call, and I shouldn't have put too many points on any of these early games. But I still think this is one of the biggest mismatches of the season - letting my 34 points ride on ECU.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
That may turn out to have been a good change (we'll see), but I think you just gave up 33 points. From a common opponents perspective, your logic makes sense. But Ohio also lost to Central Michigan, who got crushed by NC State, who got crushed by ECU. Ohio was also crushed by 4-8 Akron.

Again, may turn out to be a good change on your part and I'll eat crow if Ohio wins. The early bowls between bad teams are the most difficult to call, and I shouldn't have put too many points on any of these early games. But I still think this is one of the biggest mismatches of the season - letting my 34 points ride on ECU.
You are correct if ECU came to play OR Ohio didn't. I am correct only if ECU didn't AND Ohio did. If neither came to play, or both came to play, then ECU wins.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You are correct if ECU came to play OR Ohio didn't. I am correct only if ECU didn't AND Ohio did. If neither came to play, or both came to play, then ECU wins.
i picked ECU but frankly it is real hard to root for a team wearing purple and gold.
i am at home today (sick with a head cold) i am watching.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Since I don't expect to be in this position for too long, I'll go ahead and give myself a big "Woo-Hoo!" for moving into first place with a 32pt wager on Louisville. And with that, let the slow demise back to the middle of the pack begin. :)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Since I don't expect to be in this position for too long, I'll go ahead and give myself a big "Woo-Hoo!" for moving into first place with a 32pt wager on Louisville. And with that, let the slow demise back to the middle of the pack begin. :)
C'mon down, the view is fine...get to see both front and back! :biggrin2:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Games that have already been played will remain locked as well as the point value you placed them at. You can still edit upcoming games though.
LOL, I know the played games can't be changed--DARN!! I hate this yahoo program and can't ever figure it out. I have little NO circles when I try to click them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.