2014 RB Joe Mixon Thread

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
From watching the highlights I can see why we are slow playing him. To me he is not the physical runner type we like to get. He is very good but not a between the tackles and gain yards type but a finesse speed type. I would put all my eggs in the LF basket.

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Guys Mixson is a talented individual but you have to think like the coaches do. We are loaded at RB and we already have Scarbourough and we are recruiting Fournette. They don't just take a guy just to take a guy. Use that scholarship on a need. That is defensive back right now. Sure I would like to have Mixson but it's not a need so that's the staff isn't recruiting him hard. Merry Christmas and ROLL TIDE

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Meg, Bo is in serious jeopardy of not qualifying. What if Kamara doesn't come back or someone else gets hurt of transfers. Our depth at running back, like everything else in life, is day to day.

If Leonard stays put, I don't expect our staff to follow suit.

Guys Mixson is a talented individual but you have to think like the coaches do. We are loaded at RB and we already have Scarbourough and we are recruiting Fournette. They don't just take a guy just to take a guy. Use that scholarship on a need. That is defensive back right now. Sure I would like to have Mixson but it's not a need so that's the staff isn't recruiting him hard. Merry Christmas and ROLL TIDE

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Meg, Bo is in serious jeopardy of not qualifying. What if Kamara doesn't come back or someone else gets hurt of transfers. Our depth at running back, like everything else in life, is day to day.

If Leonard stays put, I don't expect our staff to follow suit.
Yeah I agree. I don't expect Bo to qualify and I'm guessing Kamara transfers. Mixon looks like Yeldon physically. Anyone know of any corners that we are recruiting if we miss on hump, tabor, or brown? We have to have some db's and with the way recruiting is going this year nothing is guaranteed.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Surely we are not putting all of our eggs in the Leonard Fournette basket. I would think that the staff has a plan to offer someone else if he goes to LSU. For reasons already given, I would have to think we take another rb in this class.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think we can afford to put them all in LF's basket. Bo was talking about playing WR at one time so I'm not so sure he would have stayed there but I definitely don't think he'll qualify. We still have coming back next year: Yeldon, Drake, Hart (even though I think he will never contribute at 100% again), Henry, Tenpenny, Jones, and Kamara if he's ever back. We have 4 that should be very serviceable backs if we played tomorrow not to mention the other ones wanting to step up.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think we can afford to put them all in LF's basket. Bo was talking about playing WR at one time so I'm not so sure he would have stayed there but I definitely don't think he'll qualify. We still have coming back next year: Yeldon, Drake, Hart (even though I think he will never contribute at 100% again), Henry, Tenpenny, Jones, and Kamara if he's ever back. We have 4 that should be very serviceable backs if we played tomorrow not to mention the other ones wanting to step up.
Plus..If Got forbid if the injury bug bites us hard, we have a handful of pure athletes on the roster, that played RB in high school, that could easily be converted to the RB position if need be..That's the beauty of all these Blue Chip studs Coach Saban has recruited to Bama..The vast majority of our Players aren't limited to one position & would be equally effective should they be moved to another position..

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'm basing my opinion that we have someone else as a plan B behind Fournette on the premise that Bo Scarborough will not qualify. I don't claim to have any inside info but I'm hearing and reading a lot of scuttlebutt indicating that grades are still very much an issue for him and that was even a big reason why he left Tuscaloosa and moved to Florida. Hope I'm wrong but that's just what I'm hearing.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Its no secret Bo has work to do. IMG is a diploma mill so his grades have improved but he is not there yet. It has went from impossible to a 'maybe'

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If he is that bad a student, is it realistic to expect him to remain eligible when he gets to the Capstone? :cool2:

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
If he is that bad a student, is it realistic to expect him to remain eligible when he gets to the Capstone? :cool2:
If he were to qualify he would be eligible at Bama. They have so much support there as far as academics, that you literally have to try to fail. Most of the guys cant properly speak but they get degrees. The support is there for them so Bo will be just fine if he qualifies. In terms of Bo I believe he can be a great college running back. I would be just happy if he were the only guy we signed. I think he is a better pure running back than Henry. Imagine them two in the backfield.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This worries me. See Fanning and others, who could not do well in class or go to class, for that matter.
Yes, but at least there are repurcussions for not showing up in class unlike some other places namely in West Ga where the "White Out" supplier has an office on campus.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
This worries me. See Fanning and others, who could not do well in class or go to class, for that matter.
I gotta admit, everything is done that is humanly possible for a player to get his degree at Alabama. No one does the work for them but when you can quite literally have a tutor for every single class in your 4-5 years there, about the only thing a player has to supply is the "want to" and the time in order to get his degree.

I cringe when I see/hear about a player NOT getting his degree at Alabama. It's an insanely great opportunity to get that degree in ANY field before you leave school. All I can say is, if a player doesn't get his degree at Alabama, it's HIS fault and his alone.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I gotta admit, everything is done that is humanly possible for a player to get his degree at Alabama. No one does the work for them but when you can quite literally have a tutor for every single class in your 4-5 years there, about the only thing a player has to supply is the "want to" and the time in order to get his degree.

I cringe when I see/hear about a player NOT getting his degree at Alabama. It's an insanely great opportunity to get that degree in ANY field before you leave school. All I can say is, if a player doesn't get his degree at Alabama, it's HIS fault and his alone.
And the time part is set up for them as well

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.