2014 RB Joe Mixon Thread

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Talk has picked up about Mixon in recent weeks. Here are his 247 profile and Rivals profile.

Some have said he'd commit if Bama offers. He released his top four, and Bama wasn't in it (safe to assume that's due to no offer).

He tweeted this today:

@Joe_MainMixon

Just got done meeting with Coach Brown from Alabama! Great Guy and can't wait till the Call comes when he's in Tuscaloosa. #RollTide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How does Mixon compare with Roc Thomas. Sounds like he's a bigger back than Thomas, but Thomas' size reminds me more of a young Mark Ingram or pre-buff Trent Richardson.

Is the ship sailed on Roc to Bama if we miss on LF and reach back out to him OR is Mixon truly a more elite prospect and one we'd prefer even over Roc?

FWIW, I just hate to see RT go to the Barn, especially knowing he wanted to wear Crimson!!!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
How does Mixon compare with Roc Thomas. Sounds like he's a bigger back than Thomas, but Thomas' size reminds me more of a young Mark Ingram or pre-buff Trent Richardson.

Is the ship sailed on Roc to Bama if we miss on LF and reach back out to him OR is Mixon truly a more elite prospect and one we'd prefer even over Roc?

FWIW, I just hate to see RT go to the Barn, especially knowing he wanted to wear Crimson!!!
Wouldn`t be surprised if this weekend isn`t a pivot point when it comes to LF. I`d wager that the staff will have a good read on LF, but I don`t know if they`ll really press him. If they don`t get a good vibe they might just offer Roc and Mixon and say " first to accept gets in the class". What more on earth can LF learn about LSU and us after this weekend?

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
You would almost think that the staff may be saying to Mixon or Thomas "On Jan 2, If LF doesnt commit to us at the UA AA game, you are free to commit whenever you want." Especially in Mixon's case. He still has yet to get an offer and we can slow play him until then without losing any ground. It almost makes you wish we hadnt had all those RBs sign with us last year. We could have two 5 stars committed to us a RB.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
No. True 5* RB and many feel he is the back-up plan if we miss on Fournette. I saw his HS highlight video and he is impressive and his size and running style is similar to TJ.
he lives an hour away from San jose in Oakley (Contra Costa County) . until his name was brought up on the recruiting board , I didn't know who he was. I actually know more about prospects in the South than I do in my own backyard. :biggrin:

anyway, Mixon is elite.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Is he really interested in going to school at Bama or just excited about getting an offer from the top football program in the country? Some kids just like to stock up the offers. I would have hoped that if we had some mutual interest, we would have been in touch before now.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Is he really interested in going to school at Bama or just excited about getting an offer from the top football program in the country? Some kids just like to stock up the offers. I would have hoped that if we had some mutual interest, we would have been in touch before now.
He has said on multiple occasions that he would jump at the offer from Bama. The reason our coaching staff has just now started to pursue him is because Mixon contacted the staff himself. It seems like more of a role reversal in the sense of he is trying to recruit our staff to let him join this class.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
This guy has some very high rankings and tons of offers from "everybody". Amazing that Bama won't offer; is it a matter of number of available scholarships?

Can he play linebacker if Fournette signs with Bama?:tongue:

crains

1st Team
Feb 6, 2007
This guy has some very high rankings and tons of offers from "everybody". Amazing that Bama won't offer; is it a matter of number of available scholarships?

Can he play linebacker if Fournette signs with Bama?:tongue:
Makes me think we are in good shape with or Fournette or Roc

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
To those wondering if he is the #2 option after Fournette I would hope so. I'd much rather want Mixon over Roc Thomas. It seems here lately Roc can't seem to stay healthy.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Looks like Mixon has narrowed it down to UCLA, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. Be deciding between those 3 at the all star game. Guess Bama didn't quite make the cut. Wonder if Bama goes after Roc Thomas more now. Have a feeling he is already solid to AU.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Looks like Mixon has narrowed it down to UCLA, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. Be deciding between those 3 at the all star game. Guess Bama didn't quite make the cut. Wonder if Bama goes after Roc Thomas more now. Have a feeling he is already solid to AU.
He's never listed Bama as a favorite since he doesn't have an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
We are basically waiting on Fournette. Mixon would have given us strong consideration but we have not offered.
Could it possibly be that Saban doesn't find Mixon worthy of an offer and is content with the depth we have at RB? You'd have to think that he'd know which way Fournette is leaning (probably LSU).

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Could it possibly be that Saban doesn't find Mixon worthy of an offer and is content with the depth we have at RB? You'd have to think that he'd know which way Fournette is leaning (probably LSU).
This could be correct. We have a 4 star committed for 2015(DeSherious Flowers) so we may not take anyone except Fournette.

Last edited:

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
That would all make sense but why did we send a coach all the way to California to do an in-home with Joe? If LF doesnt commit to us on Jan 2, I think we may offer JM as kind of a hail mary, last ditch attempt to sway him our way before NSD, no matter where he commits.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.