Saban signs multi-year extension w/Bama, shorthorns on suicide watch...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: New Discussion Thread on Possible Coaching Changes...

Over on Inside Texas, the almighty Jesus Shuttlesworth, who laid out in excruciating detail how Saban would end up at Texas, is being called on the carpet.
Except this Jesus isn't rising from the dead

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Re: Saban signs multi-year deal with Alabama

I have read several reports this evening as well:
ESPN
AL.com
AP wire
to name a few. The last couple of threads started on this have been moved. Happy Bama camper tonight.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I know!! I thought she was coming back for a few episodes? I'm obsessed OITNB, Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones. What a crazy mix of TV, huh? LOL!
love all three of those shows.

Which character are you guys talking about leaving OITNB?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

From ShaggyBevo:

I feel like I want to cry right about now. I thought that our time with Mack was done. How did the Tide outbid us for someone? Who wouldn't want to live in Austin over Tuscaloosa?

Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011

The only way this could get any better is for us to be given an Iron Bowl do over.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

love all three of those shows.

Which character are you guys talking about leaving OITNB?
Alex--Laura Prepon's character. I thought I read somewhere that she would be back for a few episodes, though. Isn't it supposed to come back on the first of the year?

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack.
ETA2: Pennsatucky may not be dead! She signed on for the entire season 2. Prepon will be on to wrap up her storyline then she goes. :(

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

And this, from ShaggyBevo...the ol 'we coulda had Saban if....' Has begun:

No what it really sounds like is Mack had decided to retire but wanted to announce it himself, Chip and a couple others leaked the news, Mack got mad and then changed his mind. Saban was ready to come to Texas, but when Mack decided to stay Saban then pulled back and signed his contract extension at Bama, thus saying %#^* you to Texas. So Chip is to blame for another year of Mack Brown *^%#*ball.

You can say $@& you chip all you want. But if the employee is deciding when and how he leaves, Patterson's nothing more than a Dodds re-run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Wow, we're super lucky that Mack changed his mind or else Saban would be gone. I bet CNS is disappointed, being stuck in Tuscaloosa...

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

IMO right now is a time to relax and even celebrate that the best football coach in America is at the University of Alabama. But soon... depending on what ultimately happens in Texas... our very good friends at auburn and lsu might have a storm a brewin'. Like I posted a couple of times in the threads that were discontinued - Texas ain't worried about paying buyouts and if they are bent on ousting Brown it is going to get real interesting. They sure don't want to be the next Notre Dame and settle for the #5 guy on the list. Anyway...right now all can say is Roll Tide!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Not to rain on anyone's parade but just remember what JessN said a few days ago: if they keep Mack Brown that is BAD for us and increases the possibility Mack quits next year and Saban bolts if we aren't in it.

So here's my challenge to ALL of us - do whatever you can to let the Sabans know you appreciate them. Remember that 100,000 turnout at A-day we talked about? Why not boost it a bit and let's try to do it? I asked about A-day already, I'll have to drive 600 miles but I'm already planning to go. I might even go to the Sugar Bowl since I'll have a place to stay for free.

I'm challenging ALL of us to do what we can and show our love and support for the Sabans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.