Saban signs multi-year extension w/Bama, shorthorns on suicide watch...

opksooner

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2002
Overland Park, Kansas
OUBoards.com
It's been a while since I lasted posted over here and this thread seems as good as any to say hi again make a few points:

1) We're looking forward to the Sugar Bowl. Nothing but respect for what the Tide has accomplished in the last few years. The game will be a good measuring stick for our guys. As has been noted in another thread, we've been decimated by injuries all year but that's given us a chance to look at some freshmen who have been doing decently. We're thin in places we'd rather not be. Hopefully, we can make a game of it. Seriously.

2) If reports that Coach Saban is staying are true, mad props to him for not falling for the ut looney-bin. I had a gut feeling he was too smart for that merry-go-round.

3) Mack Brown is able to stave off ( so far) being replaced by the Board of Regents because, as some have suggested, "he knows where all the bodies are buried." (There have been "issues") We're ecstatic about this because, among other things, it gives us the opportunity to give him a proper send off next year.....or whenever he goes.

3) In re Texan arrogance: They're told from birth that they are superior to others; by parents, educators, propaganda, etc. When they finally realize they are superior to nothing and get that hazy, confused look in their eyes...then the hissy fit ensues. This fit lasts for about 50 years.

4) The Hill Country "Cedar Fever" is real. I've been afflicted on occasion.

5) In re "smack talk": As in all things, my motto is: "Don't judge all of them by the worst of them". On either side. :)

6) Always a pleasure to interact with fan bases such as yours. You know how to "act like you've been there before"....because you have.

6) Here's to a well played, injury free game.

BOOMER SOONER!

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
Personally I don't think he was ever interests in cow. Cow fans spinning it that he was ready to sign but they couldn't get the Mack part done so they told Nick to go ahead and sign the Bama extension is further proof of their hubris, arrogance, and entitlement mentality that drove A&M and Nebraska away and effectively killed their conference.

Final word to the cows...

TexasRed

3rd Team
Nov 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Personally I don't think he was ever interests in cow. Cow fans spinning it that he was ready to sign but they couldn't get the Mack part done so they told Nick to go ahead and sign the Bama extension is further proof of their hubris, arrogance, and entitlement mentality that drove A&M and Nebraska away and effectively killed their conference.
Yeah, that part bothers me too, like we cleaned up after they couldn't get it done. I don't think Saban was ever really planning on committing to UT, but there had to be some reason that they thought that they could get him if they could just get Mack Brown to go away. My best guess is that he told Sexton to tell them that he wouldn't even talk to them unless there was an actual vacancy....and they couldn't even get that part right.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Hallelujah -- where's the Tylenol? :)

"We are very pleased to have this agreement completed," said Saban. "Terry and our family are very happy in Tuscaloosa. It has become home to us. This agreement allows us to continue to build on the tremendous success that we have enjoyed to this point - successes that have transcended the football field. We are excited about the future and the University of Alabama is where I plan to end my coaching career."

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Re: New Discussion Thread on Possible Coaching Changes...

I am ready for the Sugar bowl!! I am ready for Coach to harvest this crop of studs coming in next year. The best coaches have there negative moments and postive. Next season is going to be a challenge but the coaching and growth of some players is going to be awesome to watch. Its like a new day in a way so hold on.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

Now taking bets on the next "Saban to the..." rumor.
Texans 3:1
Titans 5:1
Redskins 12:1
Florida 30:1
others?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Things I've learned tonight:

Saban is most wonderful, honest, virtuous, fantastic man in the world! (He was a guy with a questionable past that should be ending the circus RIGHT NOW and tell us once again how much he loves us!)

Jimmy Sexton is a genius, and if there was an agent HOF, he's be a first ballot selection. (He was previously a piece of scum that trying his best to run Saban to Texas!)

Mack Brown is like Freddy Kruegar, HE KEEPS COMING BACK! (He was previously cleaning out his office and preparing his farewell speech.)

Information from Paul Finebaum and mysterious new message posters are spotty at best. (I thought this info was money in the bank!)

Alabama fans love Nick Saban and trust that he'll retire at Alabama. (Ya know, as long as Mack Brown isn't being rumored to be fired year.)

Bill Battle did a great job making this deal to keep Saban. (He was previously untrustworthy and could very well be the reason Saban may leave us.)

I know more about cedar than I ever thought I would. (I previously thought cedar was pretty much all the same)

I learned what was fracking was. (I previously would have giggled at this word thinking it was something a little more fun!)

I learned that CajunCrimson thinks about Mack Brown while laying in bed. (I think that AU avatar damaged the man!)

Bamaabw won't be revisiting his bold $10M post. (I thought this was a lock for sure.)

And Finally,
I learned that WMack is master of wit and impeccably timed picture messages! (Ok who DIDN'T KNOW THAT???;))
Hail State? P-shawwww!

Hail Saban!

Mack is the gift that keeps on giving. And WMack is the best!

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yeah, that part bothers me too, like we cleaned up after they couldn't get it done. I don't think Saban was ever really planning on committing to UT, but there had to be some reason that they thought that they could get him if they could just get Mack Brown to go away. My best guess is that he told Sexton to tell them that he wouldn't even talk to them unless there was an actual vacancy....and they couldn't even get that part right.
Just stop while you're ahead. You have no idea about anything to do with this. We truly had enough of you people before the BCSCG a few years back and honestly that was enough to last a lifetime.

I'm sorry your team has sucked this past few years. Mack is obviously the problem and good luck finding someone to coach your team. Bye.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Just stop while you're ahead. You have no idea about anything to do with this. We truly had enough of you people before the BCSCG a few years back and honestly that was enough to last a lifetime.

I'm sorry your team has sucked this past few years. Mack is obviously the problem and good luck finding someone to coach your team. Bye.
To be fair, he's really not ahead. ;)

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Everything is bigger in Texas, including the disappointment. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

BTW, they say "Keep Austin Weird". I'm sure a lot of people feel weird around Mack Brown now after their failed coup.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.