Saban signs multi-year extension w/Bama, shorthorns on suicide watch...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: New Discussion Thread on Possible Coaching Changes...

Happened on this. Anybody know who this dude is?
Geoff Ketchum@[B]gkketch[/B][/COLOR][/U][URL="https://twitter.com/gkketch"]Follow[/URL]An OB source has confirmed that Nick Saban has initiated the vetting process of trying to see what a staff at Texas might look like.
11:01 AM - 12 Dec 2013from Austin, TX, United States

531 Retweets 62 favorites
Saw that hours ago and it cannot be true. If you think it through you will understand why.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN

Happened on this. Anybody know who this dude is?
Geoff Ketchum@[B]gkketch[/B][/COLOR][/U][URL="https://twitter.com/gkketch"]Follow[/URL]An OB source has confirmed that Nick Saban has initiated the vetting process of trying to see what a staff at Texas might look like.
11:01 AM - 12 Dec 2013from Austin, TX, United States

531 Retweets 62 favorites

He runs orangebloods.com, a Texas fansite. Basically a Texas homer.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN

Right, and the comments above were based on the on a fear that Mack brown could be back next year. If he was, we would deal with Saban to Ut again next year.
Best scenario is Mack is canned, Saban stays, they get their coach, and close the deal forever.
I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

May have been posted. Too many posts to read, but I just heard on espn radio that the Texas board of regents votes to retain Mack Brown. Have no idea of the significance.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

May have been posted. Too many posts to read, but I just heard on espn radio that the Texas board of regents votes to retain Mack Brown. Have no idea of the significance.
No. They voted to retain the president, Powers

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

More obfuscation from Orangebloods
There is so much of it out there that it has become clear that at least some of it is intentional. Some of the stories are clearly false, and they are being fronted by the same people who are releasing the stuff that could possibly be true but one would not know without the right access. Someone is clearly trying to make it appear that Saban is on his way to Texas. They are going way overboard in so doing. You do not do that if it is true.

These people are not acting in their own best interests, and they don't seem to care. My conclusion is that it isn't happening, but they want Mack out so they keep pushing Saban to get him out.

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama

There is so much of it out there that it has become clear that at least some of it is intentional. Some of the stories are clearly false, and they are being fronted by the same people who are releasing the stuff that could possibly be true but one would not know without the right access. Someone is clearly trying to make it appear that Saban is on his way to Texas. They are going way overboard in so doing. You do not do that if it is true.

These people are not acting in their own best interests, and they don't seem to care. My conclusion is that it isn't happening, but they want Mack out so they keep pushing Saban to get him out.
You'd think it would dawn on them that people on THIS side of the equation are all of the opinion he's staying at Alabama, which raises questions about their credibility. Jeez...what a mess.

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013

Ketch and Orangebloods are the most conservative of the Texas sites when it comes to stuff like this. They've been denying the Saban to Texas rumors up until the last few days or so. The other sites have been saying it since January. The fact that Ketch has been no, no, no, no for the past year and all of a sudden in the past two or three days has started leaning to yes makes me wonder. Ketch changed his tune about the same time Earle posted that there might be something more to it a few days back. That's one of the reasons I decided to register and post.

For the record, I've been a paying member of orangebloods for 13 years now so I know their history and accuracy and it's pretty high when it comes to Texas football. I don't know what to think anymore. I just know I need a drink or ten.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Ketch and Orangebloods are the most conservative of the Texas sites when it comes to stuff like this. They've been denying the Saban to Texas rumors up until the last few days or so. The other sites have been saying it since January. The fact that Ketch has been no, no, no, no for the past year and all of a sudden in the past two or three days has started leaning to yes makes me wonder. Ketch changed his tune about the same time Earle posted that there might be something more to it a few days back. That's one of the reasons I decided to register and post.

For the record, I've been a paying member of orangebloods for 13 years now so I know their history and accuracy and it's pretty high when it comes to Texas football. I don't know what to think anymore. I just know I need a drink or ten.
You understand why his post quoted above cannot possibly be true, right?

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013

You understand why his post quoted above cannot possibly be true, right?
Absolutely. I still think he stays at Alabama. There is just a whole lot of smoke from places that have been highly accurate in the past in reference to the internal happenings of Texas football. I think the Texas athletic department is playing everyone leaking false information for some unknown reason.

bamafan216

1st Team
Jun 28, 2002
Huntsville, AL

Okay, with what Saban said on the "60 Minutes" interview with Miss Terry's interview et al; I have faith that he is doing what he said he would do.

IF he has had a change of heart for lack of appreciation then they need to understand that students have never known a bad time at Bama and that most people especially those ticket holders have gone through a lot back in the day after Bryant and we are very appreciative of him.

Seeing how Texas treats their coaches; Mack, Muschamp why would anybody want to coach there....and they talk about Alabama being delusional.

I would love to see Coach Saban retire at Bama, as he and Miss Terry says they are, but if he wants to go; fine...someone just needs to crap or get off the toilet!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm missing something I guess, but why can it not be true? (not that I believe it is anyway)
I can think of three reasons, but I'll just stop after the first because it is tied to the man that they are supposed to be trying to hire. If Saban is going to Texas, no one at Texas is going to "vet" a list of his assistant coaches for him. He will pick his coaches. He will decide how much money to offer them. No one else will be involved unless he tells them to be involved, and only as involved as he lets them be.

The person who posted that clearly doesn't get it. If Saban goes to Texas, Texas football as they know it ceases to exist. He would not agree to go to be the next Mack Brown. He isn't going to let anyone else meddle in his program - at all.

ETA - Those thinking that the post meant that Saban is now working to vet this staff himself also don't understand Saban. He is not going to do that until the deal is done and Alabama has been notified. That has never been the way that he has operated.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Ketch changed his tune about the same time Earle posted that there might be something more to it a few days back.
Let's be clear on this. Earl's statements were basically the first credible statements that Nick Saban might not be 100% committed to Alabama. It's pretty obvious that everyone who wanted CNS to go to Texas was going to jump all over that, because they were looking for any opening. Mind, you eventually people were going to wonder about Nick not signing the extension anyway (I know I was).

The trick was, in the process even I, far from an insider, end up getting quoted and what not, and that just shows the desperation to create a case that Nick Saban was heading to Alabama. The dual agenda here was obvious, as you've stated a majority want Mack Brown gone, and Nick Saban would be the icing in the cake. Now, they had something to grab hold of, and every bit of incentive to run with this if the knew it would oust Mack Brown (something you yourself seem to be firmly in favor of).

Let's just cut the crap. Saban (probably) made some musings about Texas. And then, he proceeds to go on the road and recruit, and tell recruits he's staying at Alabama. In the mean time, sources keep coming forward saying not only they think he'll stay, but that he said he'll stay. Right down to reportedly his own daughter. So, I get why you guys are running with this, it makes sense considering your agenda, but we known darn well a lot of what's being put out there is completely false, and even what isn't completely false is often just wishful thinking.

Also, for the record we at Tidefans got too far ahead of ourselves on an issue, that seemed to have a lot of facts, and credibility behind it (the Cam Newton situation). It seemed cut and dry that Auburn was going to get killed by the NCAA, we had so many sources, so many tidbits, heck, we had Auburn players go on HBO and say they were paid. At the end of the day what happened? Not a thing. In these sort of things, even close doesn't matter (Alabama was close to going to the BCSCG). It is, or it isn't, and right now it looks like Saban isn't going to Texas.

Last edited:

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama

Well for one thing - the first person that was NOT interested could spill the beans.

This was my first thought when I read it. But my thoughts are these:

1) Saban is quite busy right now. Can anyone honestly believe he would be thinking about that yet, even if he was going?

2) Mack Brown isn't gone yet - not officially. Saban is not going to jump the gun and start "moving in". That is NOT his style.

3) Saban respects Mack Brown. He respects coaching and other coaches. He would NOT be disrespectful enough to start lining up staff and acting like he already had the job even if he was going to take it! Out of respect for Brown, he'd wait till everything was official.

These people obviously don't know Saban or they would think twice before they spread this crap.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Let's be clear on this. Earl's statements were basically the first credible statements that Nick Saban might not be 100% committed to Alabama. It's pretty obvious that everyone who wanted CNS to go to Texas was going to jump all over that, because they were looking for any opening. Mind, you eventually people were going to wonder about Nick not signing the extension anyway (I know I was).
So you're saying that Earl is in on the 'Saban-to-Texas' scam? Quick--somebody check the planes to see if Earl has been to Texas in the last couple of weeks...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This was my first thought when I read it. But my thoughts are these:

1) Saban is quite busy right now. Can anyone honestly believe he would be thinking about that yet, even if he was going?

2) Mack Brown isn't gone yet - not officially. Saban is not going to jump the gun and start "moving in". That is NOT his style.

3) Saban respects Mack Brown. He respects coaching and other coaches. He would NOT be disrespectful enough to start lining up staff and acting like he already had the job even if he was going to take it! Out of respect for Brown, he'd wait till everything was official.

These people obviously don't know Saban or they would think twice before they spread this crap.
The three really boil down to one point - Brown and Saban consider themselves to be friends. Even if Mack knows about this, Saban isn't going to allow any of his actions tsabotagege Mack's message going out the door. Right now that message is still that this is Mack's decision, to stay or go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.