Saban signs multi-year extension w/Bama, shorthorns on suicide watch...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: New Discussion Thread on Possible Coaching Changes...

I really wish the Saban camp would sign a deal with Alabama and put this out of it's misery...but I think Sexton wants to see the Texas deal just to get an idea on the market.

I have no doubt that Alabama will match or exceed. No matter what kind of bravado the Texas folks are showing over their Scrooge McDuck-like war chest, they aren't going to double the ceiling on top-tier coaching salary to sign the guy. Long-term, that is a bad move because no agent is going to realize that only Saban is worth 10-12 million...every top 10-15 coach will be making 8 mil or more in two years. It will just make it harder to afford a lesser coach in the future.

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013

I've been through Columbus but never visited there. A friend from Cleveland was going to take me to an Ohio State game one time but we couldn't get our schedules together. I would have liked to have done that. I've been to Cleveland several times....and I'm not crazy about that place at all.... wasn't impressed.

I think you'd really enjoy a game in T-town, and the campus is beautiful.
Oh don't even get me started about the Ohio State fans. Columbus was beautiful. Ohio State fans, not so much. I went the to the Texas-Ohio State game in 2005 in Columbus and was treated like dirt. Terrible, terrible people. OU fans are stellar compared to Ohio State fans and that's saying a lot.

I had both a 10 year old girl and 80 year old woman cussing at me after that game.

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama

Oh don't even get me started about the Ohio State fans. Columbus was beautiful. Ohio State fans, not so much. I went the to the Texas-Ohio State game in 2005 in Columbus and was treated like dirt. Terrible, terrible people. OU fans are stellar compared to Ohio State fans and that's saying a lot.

I had both a 10 year old girl and 80 year old woman cussing at me after that game.
WOW! Well I had always heard that, but I thought it would be cool to go. Perhaps I should be glad I didn't.

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004

I have lived in Austin twice and Dallas for 8 years... Dallas is way better place in my opinion. Austin is for the young...its the Madison, WI of Texas... yuk!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

The only thing that I have to say about my experience in Texas is that it smells like Cow Manure!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

"Another one bites the dust"...:biggrin:hahahaha

Mack Brown ran into that career ending buzzsaw, aka "The Process"...he fought it a few years, but "resistance is futile".

My advice to the next coach...try and be more like Bama, and less like Baylor.
Be careful what you ask for.

venegoni

Scout Team
Mar 18, 2007
However, I don't think we'll know the decision until later tonight or tomorrow. If he tells his players at the Banquet, we'll know tonight, because an entire team will not keep a secret or there will be reporters there snooping around.
Considering it is televised on the Longhorn network I believe it would get out quickly.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Sadly, I would have to agree with you about many of our fans. I love OSU, and most of my friends went to OSU, but we generally don't care for the obnoxious culture that has taken over the area. To be clear, most of the students are great. It is the old school fans who are hard to stomach.

I am sorry that you had a poor experience. Just know that we are not all that way.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

The only thing that I have to say about my experience in Texas is that it smells like Cow Manure!
Uh..................that is Awbarn, and the equivalent places in Texas. Which are many, but it is not all like that.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Everything that Coach Saban is saying and doing seems to say that he is staying. The ONLY thing that makes me worry is that a couple athletic department employees I know think he is leaving.

Think, or wish? I wonder.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Wow, so now we are bashing the entire state of Texas. I am not a native Texan but lived here long enough to know, its a good place to live! Low cost of living, affordable housing, NO state income tax, excellent school districts and JOBS.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Wow, so now we are bashing the entire state of Texas. I am not a native Texan but lived here long enough to know, its a good place to live! Low cost of living, affordable housing, NO state income tax, excellent school districts and JOBS.
I agree

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

So Summlin has agreed to new terms. If the Cowpokes are showing Mac the door, they need to get on with it before every head coach in the country has leveraged a raise + extension based on this slow-motion assassination. You know the big Barners are pushing hard on something to make sure the Gus Bus isn't heading to Austin, though I expect he was going to get a sizeable raise any way.... Maybe they can get Orgeron or Tubberville, who usually is quick to announce that he's not a candidate for every job that comes open besides Arkansas State.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.