Saban signs multi-year extension w/Bama, shorthorns on suicide watch...

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
Re: New Discussion Thread on Possible Coaching Changes...

OMG Saban will be our coach and one of Sexton's other clients will get the Texas job. All of his other clients get a raise. He is a scumbag doing his job

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

The numbers keep growing. When "Jesus Shuttlesworth" was pushing it on his site, it was a paltry 20 million. I've been told that the amount that the Saban's are down on their investments has been wildly exaggerated, and a large part of it has already been covered by Bama boosters...
I sincerely hope we have some folks who have saved screenshots of that moron in the event Saban stays.

Because this guy has bet the whole house on snatching the Process.

And you know what? If you know anything about Texans, when they sign June Jones (or whoever), he'll insist that he was just playing everyone so they could "get who we really want." Even the lies are bigger out here.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

This is true. I'm not even sure where the "contract extension sitting on his desk" came from. Negotiations are ongoing at this time. There's nothing waiting to be signed...
Those were the words finebaum chose while speaking figuratively, and, as people often do, the took him literally. Some people must think the school said " hey we'll leave this multi million dollar contract in your office while your out."

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States

I've never understood when folks come into large sums of money, why do they chance losing a large portion of it, by investing most of it on stuff that may never pay back..I would put my money in the bank after I buy me a house & cars for my family..

And then pay the monthly bills with money I make from my job..Scratch that about putting it in the bank.. I wouldn't trust the banks either, I would have me a safe built in my home, where I would keep most of my money in cash, in case the banking system fails & goes under..LOL

I agree with what you said the only problem with keeping your money in cash is that if the banking system fails the value of the money will probably be nothing. If I had a large amount of money I would keep invest in gold.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

To be honest, some of the "strong-arming" that Saban did when he first came were things which needed done to help us become successful. Who's to say that isn't the case again? If it's similar, its not easy on fans... but if it's needed, it's worth the uneasiness.
Oh I get that, and I agree, but hearing that "Saban is in talks about an extension" vs "UA has made Saban and offerand he will not sign it" - or worse yet - "Saban agreed to a new deal, but now won't sign it" are two totally different things and will be interpreted two totally different ways. That is what drives me nuts when you have people like Finebaum making a statement "there's a contract that has been sitting on his desk since Friday" when it is not true. That is what makes people freak out.

If CNS isn't happy about something in his program, by all means, I hope he gets that straightened out and resolved.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

The numbers keep growing. When "Jesus Shuttlesworth" was pushing it on his site, it was a paltry 20 million. I've been told that the amount that the Saban's are down on their investments has been wildly exaggerated, and a large part of it has already been covered by Bama boosters...
Please excuse my ignorance as I haven't read the entire thread Earle, but, who is Jesus Shuttleworth.. I take it he's ShortHorn homer..

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Please excuse my ignorance as I haven't read the entire thread Earle, but, who is Jesus Shuttleworth.. I take it he's ShortHorn homer..
He is the guy that "broke" the Terry Saban house hunting deal and "reported" Saban's deal would be worth $10M per year $100M was a "done deal". He has been a major pot banger in the this thing. He had ominous post yesterday that he would be revealing his real name and would breaking the story of CNS coming to Texas today, but it didn't happen. I'm sure it drove lots of hits to his website though.:rolleye2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Those were the words finebaum chose while speaking figuratively, and, as people often do, the took him literally. Some people must think the school said " hey we'll leave this multi million dollar contract in your office while your out."
Yeah but make no mistake - he knew what he was doing (Finebaum I mean). It's his niche.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Absolutely. He's the one who LAST WEEK claims to have had it on good authority from two of the original disciples and three infallible popes that Nick Saban was coming to Austin. Our boy UVB (Clay) did an article on him about five days ago saying he was "all in." If you suffer a severe attack of "lack of common sense," you can actually go read about it on UVBs site.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I agree with what you said the only problem with keeping your money in cash is that if the banking system fails the value of the money will probably be nothing. If I had a large amount of money I would keep invest in gold.
That is not without risk at all, considering the current prices of gold, and, when precious metals crash, the recovery period tends to be measured in decades.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009

Isn't much of this thread about Saban going to Texas rumors? I thought they closed a few other threads and deleted comments and stated no one could discuss sources or provide links, but it seems there are some links and source quotes. I am not saying this in a facetious manner, I am confused on the difference.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011

Isn't much of this thread about Saban going to Texas rumors? I thought they closed a few other threads and deleted comments and stated no one could discuss sources or provide links, but it seems there are some links and source quotes. I am not saying this in a facetious manner, I am confused on the difference.
It really is hard not to have a thread about this topic. This news is on many peoples mind and this site provides an avenue to discuss. I think as long as the discussion stays cool and does not get overly dramatic then the topic should stay open. It becomes a problem when people start posting crazy stuff and slamming the coach without any factional information. I have personally lived on this one topic for the past 2 days.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Do y'all realize that if those two clowns known as UGA defenders had simply knocked that ball into the ground, we wouldn't be here with this thread (or the others) today?

We'd be getting ready for a three-peat and all this powder keg of news would be blown to shreds by the Man in Charge so as not to distract from his preparation for the BCSNCG. Auburn, not us, would be in this spotlight.

The fickle finger of fate gives some strange turns.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I think the gold investment tangent is the healthiest most rational tangent in any thread. No one has blamed bill battle or jimmy sexton for the price of gold.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/12/aj_mccarron_says_he_expects_ni.html

AJ weighs in:

McCarron made his comments in advance of Thursday's College Football Awards Show. Saban is reportedly a target of Texas officials to be the school's next coach if Mack Brown is fired or steps down.

But the quarterback also added that he can't speak for his coach.

"To me, he's not leaving. That's my personal opinion," McCarron said Wednesday. "I can't speak on Coach Saban. I stay out of his business. But if I had a pick, I'd say he's not leaving."

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/12/aj_mccarron_says_he_expects_ni.html

AJ weighs in:

McCarron made his comments in advance of Thursday's College Football Awards Show. Saban is reportedly a target of Texas officials to be the school's next coach if Mack Brown is fired or steps down.

But the quarterback also added that he can't speak for his coach.

"To me, he's not leaving. That's my personal opinion," McCarron said Wednesday. "I can't speak on Coach Saban. I stay out of his business. But if I had a pick, I'd say he's not leaving."
What else is he going to say? "I think he's leaving"? This all sucks

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

OK, it's just my understanding that Sexton isn't really doing any shopping right now. All of it is coming from the other end...
If you are inferring that Utx and/or NFL orgs are causing the issue by aggressively and continually coming after CNS then I understand the delay in a signing. Sexton is trying to negotiate to get more $$$ from Bama for himself and CNS.

However if you mean Saban is doing the seeking then that really concerns me....from an ethical and professional standpoint. I hope you meant the former scenario and not the latter.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Previously Earle has talked about UT being the suitor, not Saban.

If you are inferring that Utx and/or NFL orgs are causing the issue by aggressively and continually coming after CNS then I understand the delay in a signing. Sexton is trying to negotiate to get more $$$ from Bama for himself and CNS.

However if you mean Saban is doing the seeking then that really concerns me....from an ethical and professional standpoint. I hope you meant the former scenario and not the latter.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

1. Tell your agent that you're satisfied, sign the contract.

2. Tell your agent to try to get a little more out of UA; use texass as leverage. But you'd really rather be at BAMA

3. Tell your agent to get the best deal possible; don't care which side it's from. But I do know that after I ruffled the students' feathers; and after my wife called the UA fanbase 'unappreciative' , the UA will definitely make a sweet offer

My vote is #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.