Saban signs multi-year extension w/Bama, shorthorns on suicide watch...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: New Discussion Thread on Possible Coaching Changes...

According to AJ, Miss Terry wouldn't allow Coach to leave Alabama...and much stronger statement from AJ today than yesterday. http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/12/miss_terry_wouldnt_allow_nick.html
I've always thought it made no sense for Coach and Miss Terry to make the statements they've made over the past year... and then leave. There was no reason whatsoever for her to say "we're retiring there" and for him to say he's too old to start over somewhere else. Yet, they said it. Now I know things can change in an instant for anyone - life happens. But we're talking some really serious changes occurring over the last few weeks to make them break their word.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

According to AJ, Miss Terry wouldn't allow Coach to leave Alabama...and much stronger statement from AJ today than yesterday. http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/12/miss_terry_wouldnt_allow_nick.html
From the article:

"He told me he wasn't going anywhere and the man's never lied to me in the five years I've been there," McCarron said. "Like I've always said, he's like a second dad to me. I don't see why he would leave and why he'd lie to me."
McCarron also said he asked Saban about these rumors "a while back."

I'm telling you. When it is official he is staying don't be surprised if A-Day has 100,000+ in it and we roll through the SEC next season. This is a perfect thing to rejuvenate an entire program and fan base.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I've always thought it made no sense for Coach and Miss Terry to make the statements they've made over the past year... and then leave. There was no reason whatsoever for her to say "we're retiring there" and for him to say he's too old to start over somewhere else. Yet, they said it. Now I know things can change in an instant for anyone - life happens. But we're talking some really serious changes occurring over the last few weeks to make them break their word.
But honestly, what has actually changed that could create different circumstances? Nothing. I agree with you. No way they go that far (after what happened with the Miami thing) with those statements then up and leave. They know the consequences of that.

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013

On another note, you'd earlier indicated that you'd thought "Saban to UT" was about a 25% possibility. You still at that figure… or has it changed?
I'm back at 10%(just my opinion) as I think I just got caught up in the flow of things. I do have a couple friends that work in the Texas athletic department that hear rumors but neither of them are high level decision makers and both of them are all over the place with their rumors so I take what they say with a grain of salt. It's nothing worth posting anyway.

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013

Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman tweeted this just now:

And this an hour ago:

Highly placed UT source says prez Bill Powers' job is "pretty safe if nobody flips" before 2 p.m.
Regarding Powers job being safe if no one flips, what he means is that the regents will be 5 to 4 in favor of Powers staying. Perry's folks have been trying to get that 5th vote for the past year.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Just heard a doozie from an Ole Miss guy whose insider "knows a UT insider"....

$11.7 million per year.... yup :biggrin:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

The guy that interviewed him for the 60 Minutes piece is coming up on Finebaum if anyone is interested.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.