If we'd have beaten Auburn --

CJ, McCarron and CYKO would be 1st team
Yeldon, Ha-Ha and Steen would have been 2nd team
Belue, Collins, and Mandell would have been HM

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Before the season, what kind of odds could you have gotten in Vegas that Jadeveon Clowney would be left off of all three of these lists? Between 1st team, 2nd team and honorable mention, SI's list has 23 defensive linemen. Clowney isn't among them.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
"I'mma let you finish" .... but .... while I love the idea of a 4-team playoff, I detest the idea of the committee. I'd prefer we keep the BCS ranking system as-is but have 4 teams instead of 2 at the end of the year. Else, like the Heisman, (and now) All-American Team (why AJ is not at least 2nd team, I have no clue), the "playoffs" will become a beauty pageant. It will be the 4 most talked-about teams rather than the 4-best teams. Ok.. here's your mic back, All-America commenters. Hey, my rant was somewhat related to the topic :cool:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Before the season, what kind of odds could you have gotten in Vegas that Jadeveon Clowney would be left off of all three of these lists? Between 1st team, 2nd team and honorable mention, SI's list has 23 defensive linemen. Clowney isn't among them.
That is what happens when a kid takes things for granted. It could cost him a little bit of money as well in the NFL draft.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
If we'd have beaten Auburn --

CJ, McCarron and CYKO would be 1st team
Yeldon, Ha-Ha and Steen would have been 2nd team
Belue, Collins, and Mandell would have been HM
Doubtful. Maybe Ha-Ha would have been 2nd team. Maybe CYKO would have been 1st team. Maybe CJ would have been 1st team. The rest? No way.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The only one that matters is the AP. USA Today would be second. SI doesn't matter. Also....and don't flame me....Tre Mason deserved to be 1st team. He's had good years back to back seasons. He's not a flash in the pan or just a system back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only one that matters is the AP. USA Today would be second. SI doesn't matter. Also....and don't flame me....Tre Mason deserved to be 1st team. He's had good years back to back seasons. He's not a flash in the pan or just a system back.

I'm not sure I agree with that. He's had a good year. I just believe he thrived in that system.

Sent from my iPhone

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I'm not sure I agree with that. He's had a good year. I just believe he thrived in that system.

Sent from my iPhone
He was a 1,000 yard back on last year's AU team. Given their offensive struggles that says something. No oline and no passing game. He will be playing on Sundays. He's not a "system" back.

He was a 1,000 yard back on last year's AU team. Given their offensive struggles that says something. No oline and no passing game. He will be playing on Sundays. He's not a "system" back.

If it wasn't for a referee mishap he wouldn't have gotten that. Any back could run in that system, and any back did. He had a great year I will give him that, but the system allowed for him.

Sent from my iPhone

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
If it wasn't for a referee mishap he wouldn't have gotten that. Any back could run in that system, and any back did. He had a great year I will give him that, but the system allowed for him.

Sent from my iPhone
In 2012 there was no "system." You can blame it on refs if you want but he still has back to back 1,000 yd seasons. One in Gus' system and one in a dumpster fire. The latter is more impressive than the former. He's a very good back and not just a "system back." Gotta give credit where it's due. He is as deserving as the RB from Arizona. You could also argue he benefited from a "system." Should he have made it over the BC RB? Absolutely not.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

Sent from my iPhone
Any back that rushes for 1600 yards and 300 yards in the SEC championship game is not just "any back". If "any back" coud do that it means that it is an incredible system.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.