Six Offensive Players Leaving Florida

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link here

Coming off a five-win season that saw Florida’s offense hit rock-bottom (they hope), attrition on that side of the ball may not necessarily constitute bad news.

Head coach Will Muschamp confirmed Thursday that five players have decided to leave the football program: sophomore tight end Kent Taylor (no relation), redshirt freshman fullback Raheim Ledbetter, redshirt freshman offensive lineman Quinteze Williams, freshman offensive lineman Trayon Young and redshirt junior offensive lineman Ian Silberman (pictured). The first four will transfer and will (likely) have to sit out the 2014 season, while Silberman will graduate and be eligible to play immediately at a program of his choosing.
And then this to make it six:

@Bryan_Holt

Just confirmed with freshman QB Max Staver that he is indeed transferring. Sixth defection of the offseason for #Florida.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hmmm... I don't get why that is in blue. And, no this isn't in blue either. That's a legitimate statement.
Funny - I started out without it in blue, then changed it to blue since it was really meant to be sarcastic. Thinking about it more it kind of falls into the category of sad but true.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ha ha.....wow.....that headline looks bad :eek:

But if you read this part of the article (see below) you'll see it's not that big a deal.

"Silberman, a reserve guard who made seven career starts after once being ranked the No. 3 offensive tackle in the Class of 2010, was the only one of the five who saw significant action in 2013.

Taylor, a 6-foot-5, 223-pound tight end who was ranked No. 4 in the nation in the Class of 2012, failed to make an impact. He had two catches for 5 yards and a touchdown as a freshman and did not play as a sophomore.
I also read today that we just got a commit from the #2 rated OT in the country. We need help on our O-line so this is great news.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...125268/ot-david-sharpe-commits-florida-gators

"Just the relationship I built with them," Sharpe said. "Coach Muschamp really needed help and I really want to help turn the program around. I think we have a special class coming in."

Sharpe admitted Florida not having two offensive coaches, including his future position coach, hurt the Gators' chances.
"It affected me a lot, but I'm a believer in coach Muschamp. He'll bring someone in that will help turn the program around."
Florida lost three offensive tackles to season-ending injuries and the lack of depth is a concern. With Sharpe's size and athleticism and the fact the Gators don't have much depth along the offensive line, the four-star prospect could very well see the field his freshman season.
And....

In addition to Sharpe, Florida received more good news on Thursday as ESPN 300 wide receiver Moral Stephens Jr. gave his verbal commitment to the Gators.

The Gators, who have the No. 9-ranked recruiting class in the country, now have 18 verbal commitments including 11 ranked in the ESPN 300.
Just having our starting QB back will do wonders.....but things are looking good otherwise! :)

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
I would say that qualifies as an exodus!

Sheesh! :eek2:
Exactly, a little ambiguous reading. Coaches leaving is one thing, but not sure I have heard about muliple players leaving as off season improvement! That's more in line with losing your team.

He seems like a throwback to the old days before the elite coaches had CEO type skills. He was the "coach in waiting" at Texas like Jimbo was at FSU. I don't remember Texas putting up much of a fuss when he left for Florida.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.