Link: Kevin Sumlin Gets New 6 Year, $30 Million Contract

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Friendly reminder that Manziel and Evans were recruited before Sumlin got to A&M. All Sumlin's accomplished is that atrocious defense.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
We'll know if this was a smart move on A&M's part once we see what he can do without a freak of nature at QB - see Chizik.
I think he is the real deal (Top 25 at least). I definitely would not compare him to Chizik. Chizik had Cam and more importantly Gus to thank for his success. Sumlin had a 12-1 season at Houston so he has shown that he can win at 2 places. That is a large deal for his body of work though. The problem is if they had waited someone else may have tried to snatch him.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Haha, only an aggie would give a 19-6 coach that's literally never won anything that kind of money...
HAHA..Exactly Brad..There's No doubts that he's a really good HC, is he worth $5mill a year good, I know I wouldn't pay him that much, and would be ticked if I were a Aggie Fan..Cause when "Johnny Football" went down this year, they looked average at best, & looked more like a glorified Conference USA team than an SEC Team..When you pay $5mill to a HC, that's treading NFL type salaries, and right now, Sumlin hasn't proved he's worthy of that kinda salary..JMHO

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
He is a middle of the pack coach who had two phenomenal players. I guess the Aggies where more scared of the Texas coaching situation than most people thought.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He is a middle of the pack coach who had two phenomenal players. I guess the Aggies where more scared of the Texas coaching situation than most people thought.
I'd say 4 phenomenal....those tackles were pretty awesome too...., but none were his recruits

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I have no idea why this guy is getting Saban-money. Done nothing really. I could understand maybe a million per year or so but 5? Yeah he beat us last year and mopped the floor with Oklahoma in their bowl game but otherwise he's done nothing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Another example of the type of environment that is created when jobs like Texas and USC come open in the same year. I wouldn't want him at that price, but I don't blame aTm for locking him up, nor do I blame Sumlin for taking advantage of this environment.

Good for him. Only time will tell if this was good for aTm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.