Coaching Rumors affect Recruiting?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
unless coach saban is denying them to the recruits, i feel his not signing a contract is a serious concern for most recruits.
He signed a contract in March of this year....why would signing another mean anything at this point. And considering the success we've had recruiting in the past couple weeks it's seems they aren't concerned. Not to mention several recruits Saban has seen this week saying that he's told them he's solid.

It it is a point in negative recruiting but it has never stopped Saban from bringing in a top class. And he's had to deal with "done deals" and "sources" since 2009.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He signed a contract in March of this year....why would signing another mean anything at this point. And considering the success we've had recruiting in the past couple weeks it's seems they aren't concerned. Not to mention several recruits Saban has seen this week saying that he's told them he's solid.

It it is a point in negative recruiting but it has never stopped Saban from bringing in a top class. And he's had to deal with "done deals" and "sources" since 2009.
Great point Poke. It means nothing and the fact he has not signed one means nothing. One, he has been on the road recruiting and attending award shows and has not been at his office due to this so he could not have possibly reviewed or signed. Two, since he just signed one in May why would he be in a big hurry to sign a new one. I think with what the top 2 recruits in the nation said this week on their visitis with Coach Saban we do not need to worry about it affecting our recruiting.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I just never thought I'd see "true Bama fans" on here worried over losing Coach Saban, if he never planned on being here until the end he would have been already gone. Not to even mention the extension he agreed to earlier this year!! Then the same group acts like we are going to see recruits jump ship overnight because there are "rumors" and sure enough he wouldn't or couldn't tell them his plans like Fournette's coach brought up. He hit the road recruiting right away, that is NOT the sign of a coach that is ready to leave!

And the previous post is 110% right, I'd say 90% of the posts were made by usernames that have been here for years that averages 3 posts a year then wonder why they are being mooed at! The same ones are worried over recruiting too (not surprised). I'm glad it's over so most can leave! ;-)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.