Coaching Rumors affect Recruiting?

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012
Do you guys think all the rumors swirling around about Saban affect Bama's recruiting? Do you think if this goes on for to long recruits may pick another place?

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
unless coach saban is denying them to the recruits, i feel his not signing a contract is a serious concern for most recruits.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Nope. Even Fournette's coach said he thought CNS was staying. The recruits know the truth just like we should, he's not going anywhere.

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012
Nope. Even Fournette's coach said he thought CNS was staying. The recruits know the truth just like we should, he's not going anywhere.
At this point does there are to many rumors and I would think that could scare recruits off. Just takes a little bit of doubt to give another school a chance.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Why is is that the lower someone's post count, the more likely they're convinced Saban may leave or that if he stays but doesn't sign a new contract (which will not have a buy-out clause anyway), we'll lose all our recruits?

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
At this point does there are to many rumors and I would think that could scare recruits off. Just takes a little bit of doubt to give another school a chance.
Remember when rumors surrounded him leaving back for the NFL last year, or the Notre Dame position? We didn't lose recruits then either.

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012
Why is is that the lower someone's post count, the more likely they're convinced Saban may leave or that if he stays but doesn't sign a new contract (which will not have a buy-out clause anyway), we'll lose all our recruits?
Who thought we would lose all the recruits? Why are you putting words into my mouth? I simply asked a question.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Moo! :cool:

[Edit: Not directed at you, Doc. Just answering your question.]

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Precisely the intent of the rumors!

You are only helping our rivals by bringing it up........

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Who thought we would lose all the recruits? Why are you putting words into my mouth? I simply asked a question.
We currently have the top class by far and it's only getting better. Auburn, in spite of their recent success, can stand in line with everyone else to get the scraps.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
unless coach saban is denying them to the recruits, i feel his not signing a contract is a serious concern for most recruits.
Can't agree with you. Coach is all about recruiting right now and signing a new contract while he is still under contract is probably considered clutter by him and he'll get to it in his own good time.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Who said I'm worried? I'm just thinking out loud and asking a question.

Well let's see...you started with a question.

Do you guys think all the rumors swirling around about Saban affect Bama's recruiting? Do you think if this goes on for to long recruits may pick another place?
Then you said
That is a statement. You also specifically indicate that you believe that the rumors "could scare recruits off," which probably "could" be classified as "worried."

Lastly, I never even said used your name, you assumed that I was referring to you. All I said was

"Why is is that the lower someone's post count, the more likely they're convinced Saban may leave or that if he stays but doesn't sign a new contract (which will not have a buy-out clause anyway), we'll lose all our recruits?"

I don't even have a particularly high post count myself (and if I said I did, I'm sure the mods would be happy to rectify that). What I was pointing out is that there is a lot of worrying going on, and most of the people making a fuss about the issue are people who are not high-volume contributors to the board. Much of that has to do with other threads. However, if you feel insecure enough with the situation that you feel I must be calling you out specifically, by all means, take credit.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to imply you're stirring the pot or a booger or any of that. But really, don't worry so much. At worst, we're going to have a top 5 class, and barring a catastrophe, we're going to have the #1 class, probably by a wide margin.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.