Congrats to AJ for winning the Maxwell Award

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Couldn't have gone to a more deserving guy....and maybe it was me, but the look on JM's and JW's faces didn't seem to be ones of enthusiasm over the selection.

tftplisa

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
Congrats to AJ. He has been a great representative for the team and university. What a difference between he and Winston in interview skills. The way he has treated his girlfriend and other ladies in his life (his Mom) seems much different as well.
Thanks and congratulations.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
That was the first time an Alabama player has ever won the Maxwell Award. I'm sure AJ would trade it to be playing in the BCS right now though. That's just the kind of young man he is and that's why he's respected by his teammates.

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States
The Golden Arm and the Maxwell. Well deserved recognition for a great kid.
Oh, the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award is a big deal to win?? ESPN didn't think so ....not this year.....not a story about it on their website.

Not trying to sound "too much BAMA" but I looked for it to see AJ's comments. None to be found.
Even went to the Search feature and entered "Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award" into the query.
My results were :

"Collin Klein wins....... dated December 4th, 2012"
"Luck wins....dated December 5th, 2011"

and it also showed Scott Tolzein won it 2010 and Colt McCoy in 2009 in the history.

But not one word about AJ winning it. Did it become unimportant this year???

Small rant over.....AJ is most deserving of this accomplishment and his reaction was priceless. He was very shocked!!!

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Was I surprised AJ got the Maxwell? Absolutely! However, I echo what others have said in that it could not have gone to a more deserving guy who represents himself, his family and his school in the best way possible. If the Heisman voters really vote for the best player with integrity, AJ would win it in a cakewalk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.