Exotic Foods you have eaten?

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
1. Sannaki (live octopus tentacle). I can buy a live baby octopus at a Korean market here in Koreatown. Each is about $16.00. It is surprisingly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hnOjU1Rb4

2. Fugu or Puffer Fish. Illegal in the US because if not prepared correct it can kill you. I paid a Korean restaurant cook a good deal of money to take me back to the kitchen and serve it. Cut in very thin strips it was good but scary to eat.

Name some of the foods you have eaten?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Brains and eggs. Nobody cooked them better than the little restaurant whose name I no longer recall (hey, I'm not selmaborntidefan) located next to the Anchor Lounge on Hwy. 51 in Millington, TN. Any of you Jarheads and Squids out there who know anything about the Anchor should remember that you are sworn to secrecy. ;)

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Durian fruit. Worst decision of my life. Even Andrew Zimmern wouldn't eat it. This stuff would gag a maggot.

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Brains and eggs. Nobody cooked them better than the little restaurant whose name I no longer recall (hey, I'm not selmaborntidefan) located next to the Anchor Lounge on Hwy. 51 in Millington, TN. Any of you Jarheads and Squids out there who know anything about the Anchor should remember that you are sworn to secrecy. ;)
Crazy that there is a naval base in Millington.....a pretty decent-sized base, back in the day, from what I've heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.