News Article: Why didn't Jameis Winston sign with Alabama or Auburn

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
lol. How he has fallen, seems like yesterday he was leaving NC. We ended up with his replacement at DC under Fran (Name?)
As the ESPN pundits have pointed out, the state of Texas is loaded with top players, but maybe they have so many that you can lose your way? Mack has proven that it's not all about who has the best players.
I've always been suspicious of TX player ratings, since they only play each other and they all use flavors of the HUNH/spread. I feel a little better since aTm joined the league and we get a better idea of how they stack up against recruiting in other areas...

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
I've always been suspicious of TX player ratings, since they only play each other and they all use flavors of the HUNH/spread. I feel a little better since aTm joined the league and we get a better idea of how they stack up against recruiting in other areas...
The whole scouting market, while informative, is far, far from an exact science. How do you grade HUNH players? Answer: Watch lots of tape!

The bottom line is the biggest/fastest lineman our from the deep south and that is why the SEC has been winning. And in the 70's back, the Midwest had the best supply per capita. I just hope this sucker punching HUNH doesn't take that advantage away.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
Winston is going to get kicked out of FSU over the rape , then go to a Jr. college in Texas, then the Barn will sign him and have an outstanding year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
He made a 25 on the Wonderlic which is about the average for NFL QB's. I think most of his problem was daddy related.
We may have been influenced by a daddy to give a slacker son a shot at Receiver. Daddy was good . Son didn't work out. :confused:

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In the fourth part of the five part article, I found this to be the most head-scratching...

Before Winston's junior year, Winston and his parents told college coaches to only communicate with them through Scott. Antonor told Warchant.com earlier this year that the stipulation was designed to see which recruiters would be bold enough to break the family's rules.

Florida State assistant Dameyune Craig, who now coaches at Auburn, didn't abide by the family code.

"I always knew whichever coach broke away from Coach Scott and came to me," Antonor said to Warchant.com, "that's the one he was going to give the most attention to. ... When Dameyune came, I knew it would be Florida State. Kids can swap and flip or whatever, but when Dameyune came I felt, 'OK, they're first.'"

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Before Winston's junior year, Winston and his parents told college coaches to only communicate with them through Scott. Antonor told Warchant.com earlier this year that the stipulation was designed to see which recruiters would be bold enough to break the family's rules.

Florida State assistant Dameyune Craig, who now coaches at Auburn, didn't abide by the family code.

"I always knew whichever coach broke away from Coach Scott and came to me," Antonor said to Warchant.com, "that's the one he was going to give the most attention to. ... When Dameyune came, I knew it would be Florida State. Kids can swap and flip or whatever, but when Dameyune came I felt, 'OK, they're first.'"
That's just downright stupid IMO. From beginning to end. Made no sense at all unless they wanted to make it into some sort of children's game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.