Anthony Steen to Miss Sugar Bowl

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
hope he heals up fast and is 100% for the draft evaluation. Somebody just got a head start on next year.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Bummer for him if true, it would have been his last game. At least we'll have plenty of time to prepare someone else for that position.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Ugh, seeing a lineman go out like this brings up bad memories of 2008, and certainly I hate to see Anthony go out this way after a fine career.

On the upside, though, depth is a lot better than it was in 2008, and it will be great to say Kellen Williams finally go out in the spotlight after spending his entire career as a talented, hard-working, yet lightly-used sixth-man. If Williams plays against Oklahoma anything near what he played against A&M, we'll be fine.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
2009 Sugar Bowl was a tad different with regards to injuries on the OL. Andre Smith was declared ineligible and suspended from the team before the game. Mike Johnson slid out to LT and was injured early in the game. Andre Caldwell then slid out to LT from C. So, we were missing an All American at LT, an All SEC at LG, and an All American at C who was playing LT. We are losing a great one at RG but we have 17 days to prepare a 5th year senior to fill-in. It's just not the same thing to lose an OG with 2 1/2 weeks to prepare as it is to lose somebody during a game.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
This is totally different from 08. I'm sorry Steen is missing the Sugar Bowl but I certainly thank him for all his has contributed to Alabama's success in recent years. Good luck to him whether it be in the NFL or whatever.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
OU's D was surprisingly pretty good this year. We will need a very good performance from our O-line to win this game.
That's what I'm thinking. If OU loads the box and we keep pounding the middle, look for a too close for comfort game. You know OU will figure if the barn could do it like that, they can also. Hopefully they will put it in AJ's control the 1st half so if they do load the box he can audible out of a bad call.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Kellen Williams will get the start. He's been a 6th man all season and has covered down for Steen a bit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.