• Eventually lose interest in the Tide and CFB

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I would continue to watch and go to games - at least for a while. Just not really into what Phil Savage refers to as "basketball on grass".

Last edited:

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I think there's a risk of this happening. As Coach Saban said, "Do we want football to become a continuous game?"

Of course I will still watch. But if the rules committee doesn't intervene, HUNH will become the norm.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
BAMA is still my team - Wishbone, Split I whatever ever - I only watch BAMA football and I live in a state that has 3 pro football teams, and now 5 college team and a zillion High School and minor college teams

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'll eventually quit watching football if it comes to that - what I love about football is the 'chess match', which the HUNH completely removes from the game.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I still think Alabama will prefer ball control football. HUNH can do many things but it is not as good at controlling the clock as pro-style.

Auburn has a decent offense with a couple of outstanding players, and Malzahn's trick is to get the high-impact players one-on-one in space against defenders. CKS and CNS will figure out how to get more defensive players to the point of attack, and then HUNH will go the way of the wishbone, the dive, and everything else except traditional hard-nose pro-style power football.

I suspect Malzahn's hybrid, that runs hurry-up until you are "behind" in down and distance, and then they try to slow the clock to give your defense a rest, might become more popular.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If it becomes the norm, it will be the start of college football's downfall, that's why I think it won't become the norm or hope it doesn't anyways..

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'll eventually quit watching football if it comes to that - what I love about football is the 'chess match', which the HUNH completely removes from the game.
I'm in this boat also. I watched a couple of games this season where both teams were running HUNH, and had to change the channel to something else. I didn't even remotely enjoy it. I'd probably still try to watch the tide, but could see myself falling away. just like I used to watch a lot of basketball, but as the game evolved and the rules shifted more and more in favor of the offense instead of having a balance, I've all but stopped watching and might only watch part of a game here or there if there is nothing else on at all.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I wish I had included another option. After thinking about it more - I think I would be kinda like I am about Bama basketball. I am happy when they win - might watch it if it is on and I am not busy with something else - but would not be spending 7 Saturdays in Tuscaloosa.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Bingo! This is exactly how i feel. I can enjoy a high scoring game if it is because the offensive geniuses are outwitting the defensive geniuses not because of the defense cannot call plays.

I don't enjoy Arena football, I'll occasionally support the local team but it's not what I like about football.

Last edited:

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
It is not going to become the norm imo, the refs are going to slow it down for game management and coaches like Saban will devise a plan to stop it.

I can't envision a majority of the older fans easily excepting a philosophy that goes against everything we have stood for going back several decades. We are not accustomed to cheering on a basketball game for 4 quarters. It would change everything and seem very foreign.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Like CrimsonAudio alludes to, it will cease being a chess match. At that point, let's be honest, football will be similar to rugby. If they're going to play like that, I'd seriously rather watch rugby.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Like CrimsonAudio alludes to, it will cease being a chess match. At that point, let's be honest, football will be similar to rugby. If they're going to play like that, I'd seriously rather watch rugby.
I played rugby in college and actually enjoyed it quite a bit - once I got out of the football mentality. But at the end of the day - it was really all about the parties.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.