Bobby Petrino (thoughts on texas job)

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I doubt Texas pursues him (insert joke here), but he would be scary with the Texas machine behind him.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Bobby Petrino

And with those longggggggg & straight highways in Texas..He won't have to worry about any embankments, if he goes for another joyride, with his mistress on his motorcycle..LOL..

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

In spite of his baggage he has a proven track record as a HC. I agree, with the resources available in Austin and the HS talent in the state he could be scary good, assuming he brings in a proven DC. Just kinda think the UTX power brokers would not overlook his past.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia

In spite of his baggage he has a proven track record as a HC. I agree, with the resources available in Austin and the HS talent in the state he could be scary good, assuming he brings in a proven DC. Just kinda think the UTX power brokers would not overlook his past.
I don't know, they want a NC anyway they can get it....... jus sayin

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

They won't hire Petrino.....

Now, If they took Gundy, I could see Ok State hiring him

Last edited:

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN

I don't think they will hire him, but I don't think Petrino will be at WKU next year either.
My question his, where do you think he would go next year? His name hasn't popped up anywhere in any kind of speculation for any potential coaching job upgrade even with a WKU 8-4 season. The only 2 coaches in the state of Kentucky that have gotten any kind of consideration (and 1 has already taken a job "upgrade") for any potential openings have been Dave Clawson and Charlie Strong. I think he's done as a hot coaching commodity.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Their fan base spouts on about "integrity" throughout their program. As solid a hire a Petrino would be, I don't see it happening.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Quite Frankly I hope they wallow in misery for decades!

Texas has no Class!

I do hope they get exactly what they deserve & have to pay for it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Plus, after coaching at Arkansas, I'm sure he has contacts with high school coaches, especially in the Dallas area so he wouldn't be walking in not knowing the recruiting ropes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

My question his, where do you think he would go next year? His name hasn't popped up anywhere in any kind of speculation for any potential coaching job upgrade even with a WKU 8-4 season.
That might be due to Bobby telling his agent to not put out any feelers just yet. He could very well be working to keep his family together, and WKU allows him to do that while still coaching. Or his agent may have told him to wait another year or two to really change his image.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.