Sugar Bowl Practice and Press Conference Thread

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Saban to Texas, now lk coming to town, having seniors choose surgery. I would think all the uncertainty about your head coach leaving and having other coaches come in its somewhat abnormal and a distraction

#BeatBama
Having visiting coaches during bowl practices is SOP with Saban. He's always done it. He treats the first part of bowl practice sort of as an early spring training. He's just now started preparing for OU. Even though it's a dead issue, if you have anything to say about Saban to Texas, place it in the main sticky thread above, where we're trying to confine it. BTW, you have the sound of someone grasping for straws...

Last edited:

oupunk

Suspended
Dec 9, 2013
plus.google.com
Let's talk about the game. I think this game is going to be different than most, who ever had the most pass yards it's going to win

#BeatBama

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Having visiting coaches during bowl practices is SOP with Saban. He's always done it. He treats the first part of bowl practice sort of as an early spring training. He's just now started preparing for OU. Even though it's a dead issue, if you have anything to say about Saban to Texas, place it in the main sticky thread above, where we're trying to confine it. BTW, you have the sound of someone grasping for straws...
didn't bob stoops come in one year?

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Let's talk about the game. I think this game is going to be different than most, who ever had the most pass yards it's going to win

#BeatBama
I don't think that will necessarily matter. Bama could run for 300 yards, pass for 225 and score 42 points while Oklahoma rushes for like 75 and passes for 250 and loses by 28.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In our last series with them, about ten years ago, we had some very thoughtful posters with interesting insights. Some of them have hung around and posted from time to time in the interim. Some of the new posters' behavior seems to belie the impression of OU fans that I had of that fan base as being classy, on the main. I don't know if it's because they're entering the game as heavy dogs or there's just been a change in the fan base...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In our last series with them, about ten years ago, we had some very thoughtful posters with interesting insights. Some of them have hung around and posted from time to time in the interim. Some of the new posters' behavior seems to belie the impression of OU fans that I had of that fan base as being classy, on the main. I don't know if it's because they're entering the game as heavy dogs or there's just been a change in the fan base...
After that series a decade ago, I sought out some Oklahoma message boards because I really became interested in the Sooners and pulled for them to do well. What I found was disappointing, to say the least (a lot of disdain for Alabama, Coach Bryant, our NCs, etc). There was one board out there, can't remember which one, which featured an environment much like our own here. I believe that is where our classy OU posters came from. I'm afraid this influx lately is coming from what I found to be the norm back then. It really soured my opinion of Oklahoma.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I have lived from Alabama to Oregon and up to the Carolinas in the east. At every school I have found great fans who were classy -- and the other kind as well. I have been grateful that Tidefans does not tolerate gutter language or behavior...thank you Earle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.