Question: If Coker from FSU transfers when will it be announced?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I hope Morris becomes the starter and we are so far ahead the stadium is completely empty in the fourth quarter just to see KrAzY go really crazy. ;)
I have no interest in anyone in particular starting at Alabama. Unless it's via injury/transfer, I'd be happy with anyone buried in the depth chart starting for Alabama, because that means they impressed coaches a lot with their development. Now, as far as attendance goes, if Nick Saban said he wanted the fans to stand up for the entire game, shirtless, I'd start working out right now.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
I really hope Coker comes to Bama. I think with him we would have not a big drop off from A.J. We have many talented receivers and we need someone that can get them the ball on a consistant basis. At this time what I've scene or heard we don't have anyone that can do this.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I didn't realize he played behind AJ in high school and grew up an Alabama fan. Hmmm. On al.com he squashes speculation of coming to Bama as rumors. Then again, what's he supposed to say 2 days before BCSCG?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Imagine the Xbox stuff CNS could do with Sims, Henry, Drake, Yeldon, Tenpenny, Cooper, OJ, C Jones and others - That is a lot of firepower.

And I remember hearing how Mettenberger, Marshall and that kid from Oklahoma the other night couldn't pass ... until they could!

Last edited:

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
I hope Sims steps up and takes it. Im rooting for the kid he is one of those gritty tweeners that is right there. I don't think we know what kind of a passer he is because he has always been in during mop up. I think the spring and next summer will show us where he really is. I think its his to lose. Go Blake

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
I for one think we have enough recruiting pride and quality quarterbacks and a system in place to be worrying about what some other teams 2nd stringer wants to do in a transfer. We have our quality qb's who have been in our system for a year. Is FSU so superior that their 2nd stringer is better than any QB recruited in the past 4 years?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'm pulling for Blake even more now. I want the young man to succeed. He has worked hard, and I think he brings an interesting wrinkle to the offense. He is a Nick Marshall level athlete, and I know he is a Barner and I will never pull for him even if he is playing China in a game of football, but he is a great pure athlete. If Sims can pass at an acceptable level the added danger of him running would be fun watch. I always recruit a running QB on NCAA Football on PS3, and immediately put in the wishbone. I love running QB's, but more importantly I want what's going to bring wins to Bama, and I trust CNS and company to make the right decision.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm pulling for Blake even more now. I want the young man to succeed. He has worked hard, and I think he brings an interesting wrinkle to the offense. He is a Nick Marshall level athlete, and I know he is a Barner and I will never pull for him even if he is playing China in a game of football, but he is a great pure athlete. If Sims can pass at an acceptable level the added danger of him running would be fun watch. I always recruit a running QB on NCAA Football on PS3, and immediately put in the wishbone. I love running QB's, but more importantly I want what's going to bring wins to Bama, and I trust CNS and company to make the right decision.
Sorry but Sims isn't really close to being, as you put it, a Nick Marshall level athlete. NM runs a legit 4.4 40 yard dash where as Sims is in the 4.6 range. Doesn't sound like a big difference but it is. NM is easily a step and a half quicker/faster than Blake Sims. Not really a knock on BS as NM has this advantage over most other QBs as well.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Sorry but Sims isn't really close to being, as you put it, a Nick Marshall level athlete. NM runs a legit 4.4 40 yard dash where as Sims is in the 4.6 range. Doesn't sound like a big difference but it is. NM is easily a step and a half quicker/faster than Blake Sims. Not really a knock on BS as NM has this advantage over most other QBs as well.
I don't think you are giving Sims much credit. NFLDraftScouts has them both virtually tied:
Blake: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.40[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.49[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.58
Nick: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.38[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.48[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.59

Nick is a tiny bit faster, and a tiny bit taller, but there's not much he can do that Blake can't.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
I for one think we have enough recruiting pride and quality quarterbacks and a system in place to be worrying about what some other teams 2nd stringer wants to do in a transfer. We have our quality qb's who have been in our system for a year. Is FSU so superior that their 2nd stringer is better than any QB recruited in the past 4 years?
Agree with that. Besides, that would be demoralizing for those who originally committed

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama recruited both FSU's first stringer and second stringer, so I'm not really sure that means anything at all.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I think you are right. I am amazed that BAMA fans want to toss everything out the window and play Auburn ball just because we lost 2 games. Improve our weak areas and play our game is all we need to do.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I think you are right. I am amazed that BAMA fans want to toss everything out the window and play Auburn ball just because we lost 2 games. Improve our weak areas and play our game is all we need to do.
You play your best players and scheme to their strengths. Why is that "Auburn ball?" And how is that throwing anything out the window? I think one of our weak areas might be reluctance to adapt as quickly as circumstances require. Dinosaurs had the same problem, admittedly a little more severe.:cool2:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
he is right. Sims is not close to Marshall as far as speed and quickness. And he darn sure doesnt have the arm strength of Marshall. Not even close. again, nothing against Sims, and screw Aubren.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
You know we can talk but the Coaches will decide this, if Sims could bring us a NC that would be great, I could see him in the Wildcat and why we didn't use him a few times this year makes me Question this even more.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
There is some confusion. I think he was released from his football scholarship, but I was under the impression he wasnt graduating until the spring semester. If that is the case he would be eligible to come on board in the fall correct? I really want this kid. From everything I have read he has the talent and the arm to really pick up right where AJ left off. 2 years of eligibility would be huge also.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.