Question: If Coker from FSU transfers when will it be announced?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'm pulling for Blake even more now. I want the young man to succeed. He has worked hard, and I think he brings an interesting wrinkle to the offense. He is a Nick Marshall level athlete, and I know he is a Barner and I will never pull for him even if he is playing China in a game of football, but he is a great pure athlete. If Sims can pass at an acceptable level the added danger of him running would be fun watch. I always recruit a running QB on NCAA Football on PS3, and immediately put in the wishbone. I love running QB's, but more importantly I want what's going to bring wins to Bama, and I trust CNS and company to make the right decision.

Yes, because real-life SEC Football is exactly like an EA Sports game you play, probably at JV level, at home on your PS3. :rolleyes:

I for one think we have enough recruiting pride and quality quarterbacks and a system in place to be worrying about what some other teams 2nd stringer wants to do in a transfer. We have our quality qb's who have been in our system for a year. Is FSU so superior that their 2nd stringer is better than any QB recruited in the past 4 years?
Agree with that. Besides, that would be demoralizing for those who originally committed

Demoralizing for the QBs already on campus if the guy was to transfer to Alabama and be given an opportunity to compete for the job?

Not likely.

Demoralizing for the QBs already on campus if the guy comes in, competes for the job, and wins it outright?

Probably, but no more so for the other QBs already on campus if one of the QBs already on campus or a Freshman QB arriving in the fall was to win the job outright.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Quarterback is the hardest position to get right. So it may be safe to assume that Saban is not sure he has that next guy yet. Just another version of the junior college route as far as bringing advanced talent to the Capstone. Get this position right and Bama continues on their tree shredding ways through the SEC.

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014
Who's this Coker kid everyone is talking about? is he supposed to be the next great QB,I've heard he would come to BAMA and start

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Yes, because real-life SEC Football is exactly like an EA Sports game you play, probably at JV level, at home on your PS3. :rolleyes:

I enjoy running QB's. I was expressing that in the post. The video game comment was a way of expressing that. I don't expect Bama to run the bone next year. I also trust the coaches to make the best decision for the team. I'm pulling for Sims, but if he's not the best option so be it.

I think you know what you can do with your little rolling eyes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Who's this Coker kid everyone is talking about? is he supposed to be the next great QB,I've heard he would come to BAMA and start

following RABBI Y'SHUA
"Who he is" has been discussed in this thread and others. Read through them, and you'll find out what you want/need to know.

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014
Quarterback is the hardest position to get right. So it may be safe to assume that Saban is not sure he has that next guy yet. Just another version of the junior college route as far as bringing advanced talent to the Capstone. Get this position right and Bama continues on their tree shredding ways through the SEC.
Its especially hard at BAMA! not only is the coaching staff under a microscope.....but as well as the QB!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.