Cameron Sims
Hootie Jones
Tony Brown

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Saw a tweet where Cornwell said he expects to be fully rehabbed by spring practice. Since he'll be wearing black anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the qb discussion.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The HS EE's still have to wait til signing day to officially sign, correct?
Yes, but if they attend a class, they would not be able to play next year if they decided to transfer prior to signing the NLI. Example of this is what Kiffin and Coach O tried to do in Knoxville before leaving town for LA.

RTO, thanks for the list. I updated the reference sheet to indicate the EEs for this class.

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Yes, but if they attend a class, they would not be able to play next year if they decided to transfer prior to signing the NLI. Example of this is what Kiffin and Coach O tried to do in Knoxville before leaving town for LA.

RTO, thanks for the list. I updated the reference sheet to indicate the EEs for this class.

I'd forgotten about that Kiffen scandal... there were so many with him that it was hard to keep up!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the season over, I started thinking about 2014. Of the EEs, who contributes next season? OJ was the biggest contributor from the 2013 EEs.

JUCO

DJ Pettway
Jarran Reed
Pettway will play for sure since he's familiar with the system. Would expect Reed to do the same.

HS

Cameron Robinson
Shaun Hamilton
David Cornwell
Cameron Sims
Zach Whitley
Tony Brown
Hootie Jones
Does big Cam take over for Cyrus since he'll have spring practice?

I would expect SDH and Whitley to be solid ST contributors like Ragland and Foster were this year.

Cornwell takes a redshirt unless there's a major issue at QB.

Don't see Cameron Sims cracking the WR rotation with so much talent coming back.

Brown and Jones are the most likely guys to be solid contributors since the secondary has had issues.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think that Reed and Pettway will be the biggest contributors next year. They could have been helpful this year big time.
I find it hard to find anyone else who will earn a starting spot. I think Cyrus was really disappointed after the game and realized he still had a lot of improving to do. I'm really wondering if he comes back for his senior season now. Hopefully he and Arie could have spectacular seasons together next year. If he does leave, Cam Rob would have a chance. I think Grant Hill may get moved over to compete for LT also though.
It is hard for freshman CB to come in and play right away. Now that Cyrus Jones, Jackson, M. Smith, and Sylve have a year under their belt, it will be difficult to take a job from them.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I think Tony Brown will make a serious push at CB. I think that both of the CB spots are wide open and it will be up to who's man enough to take them.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I think Tony Brown will make a serious push at CB. I think that both of the CB spots are wide open and it will be up to who's man enough to take them.
Well other than QB spot which will always get the most attention, the CB position will be just as if not more intense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Didn't realize what type of player Cam Sims was this dude can flat out play. Has nice hands and quick burst of speed for his size. I know he hasn't been the most hyped receiver in the Saban era but it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave as one of the all time greats. Here is highlights of his senior year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V824M-KPHvU

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
That's some impressive highlights. If he goes up for a jump ball, he comes down with it. He should be a good one at Bama! RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.