Phil Robertson under fire for calling sin, "sin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I wondered how long the Robertson's were going to be able to walk the tight rope of being popular in the secular world and being vocal about their Christian views. But one thing is for sure. "Hollywood" is all about money. As long as DD is raking in astronomical ratings they won't give much backlash. But the moment their ratings drop, even a bit they're gone.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
<semi-hijack>

watched 5 mins of that show once, this is completely unsurprising.
That's impressive; I only made it about a minute & a half before switching to anything else. Yet another "I don't get it" in terms of a TV show's appeal. Different strokes & all.

</semi-hijack>

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Seems like he spoke the Truth. He also mentioned loving everyone but not accepting sinful behavior. Not very tolerant of GLAAD in my opinion. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
IMO, he said what the majority think and feel but do not say. I have no problem with his personal beliefs, after all, he was asked his opinion.

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
He offered his opinion for discussion and he is getting said discussion. The part where he says he loves everyone is in direct contrast with his words and deeds during the photography episode.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I also have no problems with his personal beliefs though I do suspect that they will hasten the removal of the show from the air. I also suspect that the old man is doing this fully on purpose. Good for him

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So, he's suspended from a reality show that is suppose to be about these guys lives. So, he's suspended from his life. So when they are filming I his house, what is he suppose to do, hide? I'd tell them to take the cameras where the sun don't shine.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I also have no problems with his personal beliefs though I do suspect that they will hasten the removal of the show from the air. I also suspect that the old man is doing this fully on purpose. Good for him
EXACTLY!!! As soon as I saw the headline I thought to myself, "Ol' Phil is tired of all this reality/fame mess." Look, how can anyone who has a passing knowledge of the basic tenets of Christianity be at all taken aback by his views? They are his beliefs and I won't condemn him for them unless he were to prove to be a hateful bigot (think that Westboro Baptist Church bunch) who wants to actively harm homosexuals.

The think I respect about this man is his seeming devotion to his own beliefs. He speaks them, plain and simple, and I would hope he would respect those who disagree with him.

I hope they cancel the show so he can go back to enjoying his life the way he was before all this silliness.

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
A&E just screwed up BIG time. DD is by far their most successful show and they just killed it. There is no way the family won't support Phil and call it quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.