North Dakota State, The Machine That is The Bison

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Congrats as we share national championship again. I would love to see our teams play to see if we are remotely competitive. It could be a close game if we are able to control clock and limit possessions. I would see a 27-14 type game.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I attended the final with Jax St in Frisco. The Bison are good- no doubt. But they would not be able to run on Alabama. And the Tide's receivers would torch the Bison secondary all day long. Big difference in speed there. Depth differences would make this a 3 touchdown win minimum.
Congrats as we share national championship again. I would love to see our teams play to see if we are remotely competitive. It could be a close game if we are able to control clock and limit possessions. I would see a 27-14 type game.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
How about the attention Carson Wentz is getting on draft boards? Time will tell if he can be successful but the media loves him. We kept hearing when he was a back up to four year starter and threw time national champion qb, Brock Jensen, he may be better. I guess they were right.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
How about the attention Carson Wentz is getting on draft boards? Time will tell if he can be successful but the media loves him. We kept hearing when he was a back up to four year starter and threw time national champion qb, Brock Jensen, he may be better. I guess they were right.
He's getting a lot of chatter, no question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
A great week for Bison fans. Carson Wentz starts and has very good first game. Then Bison pull off the upset win at #13 Iowa. I wish we could schedule Alabama!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wouldn't mind seeing us schedule NDSU as if they were our "solid mid-major" opponent that is on the schedule every year. The problem is finding an FBS of lower quality to schedule the week before Auburn.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That's the rub...I think playing such a dominant FCS power (that is honestly probably better than the bottom half of the power 5 conferences lately) is just expressly impossible in late November. NDSU has no interest is taking licks right before the playoffs. Alabama has no interest in that game right before the Iron Bowl and possibly the SECCG. It has to happen in September but that means we must schedule FBS in November which is darn near impossible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Congrats to NDSU. Their defense won that game. Iowa ran for 34 yards. Wow!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Iowa doing Iowa things. Called this result from the start. NDSU is legit, and Iowa is severely overrated, like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Congrats to NDSU. Their defense won that game. Iowa ran for 34 yards. Wow!
I think that is what won the game for them. Plus in the fourth quarter they outgained them like 130 to -9 yards and held the ball for 11 minutes. No FCS team should do that to a B1G team, but that was how they beat Kansas State as well. Tide fans would be proud.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I wouldn't expect the Bison to win, but I would love to see the matchup.

And Wentz had a good second game too. He will eventually be humbled, but you couldn't ask for more in his first two games.
NDSU needs to move up to the FBS. Do you know why they have not done this or are there plans for them to do this? I am sure there are conferences outside the Power 5 would welcome them with open arms.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
NDSU needs to move up to the FBS. Do you know why they have not done this or are there plans for them to do this? I am sure there are conferences outside the Power 5 would welcome them with open arms.
the could join the big texas conference and probably win it or finish no worse than third.

the mountain west would eagerly take them and they would easily win it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.