North Dakota State, The Machine That is The Bison

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Currently dismantling New Hampshire 31-7 at the half. I can see why they beat Kansas State.

In D-III, Mount Union is taking a skull draggin' too, 52-14.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
and it seems North Dakota State was real good as a division II team as well. i looked them up.
They were. The year Delta State won th national title we played them in semi-finals. They were the size of a D-1 team but the Okra were a couple steps faster on average. Was a good game.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Bison beat an FBS school for the third year in a row and the third Big XII school. Would love to see them against a team like Alabama but I think FBS teams are going to be much less likely to schedule them. Both because FBS schools are wanting to improve their strength of schedule and the risk of actually losing the game. The risk for an Alabama is much less but their impact could affect playoff consideration.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Gameday is returning to Fargo tomorrow. They have definitely become the ESPN darling. It will go away as soon as they lose.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Gameday is returning to Fargo tomorrow. They have definitely become the ESPN darling. It will go away as soon as they lose.

weird that Gameday chose this week's game against someone I never heard of until I heard about this game. I didn't know Incarnate Word was a school much less had a football team.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
FCS playoffs start this week. NDSU got a #2 seed due to a loss 2 weeks ago to a very good Northern Iowa team. They will either have a rematch in round 2 with rival South Dakota State or a revenge game with Montana State. They were supposed to play MSU last year but they bought out the game late forcing the Bison to play a D2 opponent.

I like the Bison' s chances of getting back to the championship game. The other half of the bracket has some good teams so the championship game should be good.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
NDSU is also breaking in a new coach. I think they hired from within the program. Their head coach from the past several years left to take the job a Wyoming. It seems to me that NDSU is a better job than Wyoming especially with the current playoff format in D-1A (BTW, I refuse to use the FCS/FBS garbage). I have been fan of them the past several years. I love the DII and D-1AA playoffs.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
The current coach was hired from within but he had only been there a couple years. He was hired from Northern Iowa where I think he played as well.

Bohl did go to Wyoming which surprised me. I think the reason was he would more likely get hired into a P5 job if he had experience at a 1A school first. Yes NDSU is probably a better program and would win head to head but if he can have minor success (I.e. go 7-5 or 8-4 and win a bowl game) he will be an easier sell to a fan base at a school like Kansas State or Minnesota.

The other reason is his pay increased from $400 to $1.2m. Not a bad raise.

It will be interesting to see what happens to coach salaries like his if the P5 and G5 split and the G5 schools end up aligning with the top of 1AA. There is a huge disparity today.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
NDSU is the one fcs team i wouldnt want to schedule. I have no doubt we would beat them, but I know they would be looking for something more than 100k plus reward as well. NDSU is a FCS dynasty winning the last 3 national championships. they are legit

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
I think their guarantees have been in the $400-$500k range. They would not likely beat a top SEC team but I would love to see them try. The last couple years have been a special group. I can't imagine they keep that level going too long.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
FCS playoffs start this week. NDSU got a #2 seed due to a loss 2 weeks ago to a very good Northern Iowa team. They will either have a rematch in round 2 with rival South Dakota State or a revenge game with Montana State. They were supposed to play MSU last year but they bought out the game late forcing the Bison to play a D2 opponent.

I like the Bison' s chances of getting back to the championship game. The other half of the bracket has some good teams so the championship game should be good.

You could be playing a team from our state if Jacksonville State makes the quarterfinals. As a Jacksonville State Grad I would be rooting against you sorry. I would actually love to take a trip to the Fargo Dome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think their guarantees have been in the $400-$500k range. They would not likely beat a top SEC team but I would love to see them try. The last couple years have been a special group. I can't imagine they keep that level going too long.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I think winning the title every year probably wont contiune but I can easily see them a deep playoff team for awhile. NDSU is like Oregon in my opinion, they are that team that steals recruits when those recruits who have dreamed of playing for Nebraska, Wisconsin, and other Big 10 powerhouses couldnt get a spot so they went to a team that had good coaching and a unique college atmosphere. Oregon lived off of getting USC hopefuls that couldnt land a scholarship in LA. Oregon slowly built up over years of doing this, and finally broke through after Carroll left. NDSU is in a better situation in that they are FCS team and not a big team, but there is most likely a good reason Nebraska doesnt ask them to come to Lincoln for a game. NDSU is a great program

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Jacksonville State grad here. Go Gamecocks!!! Would love to play NDSU in the championship game!!

Whup Troy!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.