Link: Keep An Eye To The Sky Today & Tonight For Bad Weather

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It sure feels like "Tornado Weather", when you walk outside, as folks usually say before bad weather occurs..And according to the National Weather Service for us in Alabama & around the southeast in general will have to deal with strong winds, flooding, tornadoes, and on the backside of the weather system, they will be dealing with ice storms..

I'm not trying too scare y'all, just wanna make sure everyone is prepared for what's coming today & tonight..Y'all are like family to me, and with our history of tornados in Alabama, we can never be prepared enough for bad weather..Make sure your Weather Radio is working..Mods if y'all need or have to move this..Please do so..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Not looking forward to what is coming up tonight and tomorrow even though I am farther north and east of my Alabama Tiders. However, Tennessee isn't going to get off lightly either. Take care everyone and look after your neighbors!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It sure feels like "Tornado Weather", when you walk outside, as folks usually say before bad weather occurs..And according to the National Weather Service for us in Alabama & around the southeast in general will have to deal with strong winds, flooding, tornadoes, and on the backside of the weather system, they will be dealing with ice storms..

I'm not trying too scare y'all, just wanna make sure everyone is prepared for what's coming today & tonight..Y'all are like family to me, and with our history of tornados in Alabama, we can never be prepared enough for bad weather..Make sure your Weather Radio is working..Mods if y'all need or have to move this..Please do so..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
I'm so glad they're all going to stop at the Madison County southern county line...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm so glad they're all going to stop at the Madison County southern county line...
HAHA..You folks in that area sure 'nuff have had your share of bad weather..When the storms rolls into Alabama, they're usually at their strongest, when they go over Madison County, and then they gradually weaken before they get to us in Anniston..Cause it seems like when James Spann goes into continuous TV coverage on ABC 33/40..He mentions Madison County a bunch of times during past bad weather outbreaks..

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
Is today not the 1st day of Winter? We have our 2nd tornado season in the fall, but I can't remember one in late December, this would be rare. Thanks for the heads up.

You are spot on about that feeling of bad weather to come, humid, low pressure and warm. Kind of eerie.

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
We in Madison County (as well as you guys in Central Alabama) have experience at this evil phenomenon. I got out this morning and ran my generators (haven't cranked them in several months). Got gas for them, just in case. Hope for all that this was an effort that was not needed.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
It's not a normal front, it will not cool until a day after the storm's move through. Last I heard it could bog down in the southern half and produce a lot of rain.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Am w y'all in spirit, and pray that everyone escapes unscathed...

Bad winter weather up here, w the 1st of back-to-back snow storms just having had moved out of the area, and the 2nd set to hit this evening / overnight...

Really messin' w peoples' Christmas travel plans...

Am not flying out til Tuesday - to spend Christmas w my family in Toronto, 250 miles SW of here - so hopefully all backlogged flights will be cleared by then...

Coincidentally, after my company left yesterday evening, I watched footage of some Bama games I have recorded, plus also watched parts of "Roll Tide / War Eagle".

Every time I hear that weather alert when they get to the part about the tornado, my blood runs cold, and I'm riveted by what I see.

Including, of course, Carson Tinker's description of how he tragically lost his girlfriend...

So stay safe everyone, and good work alerting our fellow TideFans, TideMan.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Is today not the 1st day of Winter? We have our 2nd tornado season in the fall, but I can't remember one in late December, this would be rare. Thanks for the heads up.

You are spot on about that feeling of bad weather to come, humid, low pressure and warm. Kind of eerie.
There was an outbreak of tornado's in mid-December 2000. Right now from my perspective it doesn't seem to bad outside compared to then. That day I think the temperature got up to around 80 with very strong gusts of wind and then behind the storms the temp dropped rapidly into the 30's with a few inches of snow on the ground the next day. Right now it is a bit muggy but it isn't very windy. According to my outside thermometer the temp is about 67 degrees which is warm for this time of year but not scary warm.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
There was an outbreak of tornado's in mid-December 2000. Right now from my perspective it doesn't seem to bad outside compared to then. That day I think the temperature got up to around 80 with very strong gusts of wind and then behind the storms the temp dropped rapidly into the 30's with a few inches of snow on the ground the next day. Right now it is a bit muggy but it isn't very windy. According to my outside thermometer the temp is about 67 degrees which is warm for this time of year but not scary warm.
According to the ABC 33/40 Weather Blog record highs have been broking today around Alabama..Tuscaloosa broke it's record high today by reaching 77..

Here's The Link To ABC 33/40's Weather Blog..CLICK ME

Last edited:

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
I remember the temperature in the low 70's on Christmas day in the early 2000's. You do get some freaky temperature events this time of year, 70 in Florence and 40 in Cullman type swings. Good thing is that any tornado would be very weak, but rain and straight-line winds can do the most damage. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any weather buffs. I thought this was interesting, the doppler and satellite weather for the USA for the entire year of 2011 in just a few minutes. You can clearly see some patterns when the season's change.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Does sound like Rush is at the North Pole!

Rush is going to Toronto, and my favorite band of all time RUSH is from Toronto. Not a coincidence.
One of my all-time faves as well, Bryant!

Coincidentally, have been rockin' out to them Fri nights the last few months when the work week winds down...

Saw them 3 times - in small venues - when I lived in Toronto, in the late '70's...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
According to the ABC 33/40 Weather Blog record highs have been broking today around Alabama..Tuscaloosa broke it's record high today by reaching 77..

Here's The Link To ABC 33/40's Weather Blog..CLICK ME
77?

Alright TideMan, that's it.

I'm changin my flights, and headin' down to spend Christmas w y'all instead...

And then - how bout a road trip to the Sugar Bowl? :biggrin:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
77?

Alright TideMan, that's it.

I'm changin my flights, and headin' down to spend Christmas w y'all instead...

And then - how bout a road trip to the Sugar Bowl? :biggrin:
LOL..Yeah it feels really good outside, almost to good, it literally has that bad weather feel to it when you walk outside..It's weird as to how our senses are kicking in letting us know bad weather is coming..I guess we really do have abilities to sense that bad weather is coming..If we listen to our senses..It's kinda like when you can't see or hear it, but, you get that feeling when someone is looking or talking about you..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It looks like a rough evening in our area. There are tornado warnings across the river into Arkansas. This system is moving pretty quickly. Everyone hunker down if you have to and be safe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.