How excited are you about Bama's future?

PirateJoe2233

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
It's a fact that Bama loses some great players/leaders off this year's squad. Although we suffered the worst loss ever in the Iron Bowl, the future is bright. Defense should be great as usual, receiving corps will be very talented, return a stable of backs, and lots of talented O-lineman will be back. If Bama can get Jacob Coker, or if one of the current quarterbacks emerge like AJ did a few years back, Bama will be tough to beat. Next year I'm expecting a 10-2 or 11-1 type regular season. But I really really really hope we beat Auburn next year in Tuscaloosa. I get sick everytime I think about 11/30/13.

Now lets go Beat the Sooners... Payback from 2002, 2003

PirateJoe2233

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
I have my doubts about Sims being a solid starter. His passing hasn't impressed me much.... However, he runs like a running back

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Very excited about the continued success of Alabama football. CNS and company have built and continue to bring in top recruits. I do think we as fans, put unrealistic expectations on our program. We can't win the NC every year and some act like complete idiots when we do lose a game. I also agree with you record prediction for next year. Anytime you start a new QB, it is a learning process.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
We will continue to be very good but I'm not expecting anymore national titles. By that I mean I won't be inconsolable if we don't win it all once in the next decade. It's more fun that way.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
The future is very bright for bama. Really looking forward to see what sims can do at qb. Spread no huddle/ hurry up. Should be very interesting. we should win at least 11 games next year.
I think we all will be pleasantly surprised with what Blake Sims can do running with the 1's. He prolly deserves a decent chance anyway.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
With the level of talent we have on campus and committed, Derek Dooley could win the SEC with our team if he became our head coach.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
We lose great players every year to the NFL and/or graduation. When Greg McElroy left, I remember there were the "woe are us" threads worrying who would be QB for the following season. We all know AJ was a pretty good QB for the Tide. Same for the other positions that we lose each year.

2014 will be no different. A QB will step up whether it be Sims, Del Rio, or whomever. The Tide will be fine. RTR

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
With the level of talent we have on campus and committed, Derek Dooley could win the SEC with our team if he became our head coach.
If that's the case, we can go ahead and start printing the condolence cards for the rest of the SEC.

I would agree that the talent level is off the charts. I really can't think of another football program that has the talent Bama has accumulated from 1 to 85. If there is, possible FSU, it's a short list. Either way, this team will be knocking on plenty of opportunities to win it all. Especially since they doubled the amount of participants each year who get the chance.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
For me, a lot depends on the off season. Given our coach's new commitment to the school and his own way of doing things, will we see people leave? Saban said things about this year's freshman class -- lack of respect for detail, for seniority, for the traditions set by previous players -- that I've haven't heard since his first year here. Will some of those people mature and grow into their roles as Alabama football players, or will Nick Saban run them off?

How that shakes out could set the stage for the next couple of years.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I would think our odds of 1 or 2 titles in the next 4 years is a real possibility ... considering we will be knocking on the top four door every year. CNS has proven what he can do with prep time for a playoff type game.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'm very excited. The roster is stacked. I know some have had concerns about the secondary recruiting this year, but if we land Humphreyas king we will be fine. The secondary is set for the next two years anyway. That is probably why we have had some trouble recruiting secondary players this year. I feel the secondary will be a stregnth the next two years. Players tend to improve a lot from their first year with major playing time in Saban's system.

As long as the QB situation smooths out and I have no reason to believe it won't. CNS has had 7 years of solid play at the QB position. We will be in great shape next year and the following two at least.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
In hindsight, as long as the end justifies the means, I am excited about climbing back up the mountain after the Auburn game. You can't enjoy a meal unless you are hungry, and we all became stuffed pigs. Having a new quarterback and watching our young RB's mature is going to create a lot of interest, anticipation and excitement.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
definitely excited but I don't think it's going to get any easier than it would have been this year. LSU was down this year and will be much better in next few years....obviously the barn is going to be tough to contend with...Ole Miss is rapidly improving...aTm are recruiting really well and have a good coach...would have to think Ark and MST are the easy wins each year for the foreseeable future.

as mentioned, our qb play since JPW's junior season has been between acceptable and stellar so the key is to have a guy in 2014 that can at least be at the JP level and we should consistently have a shot to be in the top 4

roltidejunky

Scout Team
Oct 22, 1999
Vicksburg, MS
Saban has assembled a talented bunch of players and I am positive that we will be in the national championship conversation for years to come. Roll Tide!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.