Paul Finebaum - Describe the man in one word.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
Paul Finebaum, the man who is going to be the face (oh goodness gratious) of the SEC.. I have always considered him a transplant, but liked his show because of the callers and his wit. But his football knowledge is sometimes suspect, but he obviously has the intellect for the job (he is good at making you think he knows what he doesn't). For several years now, when a topic from the SEC went National, ESPN would dial up Paul. Now he will be the face of the SEC Network starting next season from no other than North Carolina?

Describe Paul in one word.

Clever.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If I can hyphenate: self-promoter.

If not: ambition

BTW -- I wasn't aware that he was a transplant from Yankeeland. I'd always thought he actually grew up in Memphis. What are his early roots?

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
If I can hyphenate: self-promoter.

If not: ambition

BTW -- I wasn't aware that he was a transplant from Yankeeland. I'd always thought he actually grew up in Memphis. What are his early roots?
Correction, you are correct. His parents moved to Tennessee before he was born. He has absolutely no southern accent at all, which threw me off, but that is probably from his parents, whom I am sure raised him well. He has mentioned where his family is originally from a few times, maybe New York.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.