Chris Fowler receives Heimlich from Jesse Palmer during halftime at Pinstripe Bowl

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I will say from experience, it is real damn scary to start choking on food. Mine happened when I was alone (even scarier). Did the heimlich on myself. You use the back of a chair, it hurts like hell, but you live. Glad Fowler is OK.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I will say from experience, it is real damn scary to start choking on food. Mine happened when I was alone (even scarier). Did the heimlich on myself. You use the back of a chair, it hurts like hell, but you live. Glad Fowler is OK.
It's horrific, had it happen to me once, one of the scariest experiences of my life. Really glad the guys ok.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Glad they were able to save him. I used to to go to church with someone who had a family member choke to death on a hot dog at a Hawks game in Atlanta.

B

BroadwayJoe777

I have a new found respect for Jesse. Didn't think that would ever happen. Way to go Jesse!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Using ESPN's evaluation criteria, I imagine this probably qualifies Jesse to do color commentary on Dr. Oz now.

Seriously though, props to Jesse for his quick action.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
Yup it is. Scared me to death. I had to literally pull the food from my throat.
This inspired me to ensure my family knows how to do this. From what I read, you really need to put some power in it, and don't give up even if you accidentally break a rib!

You can also choke from drinking liquid too fast and have your airway close up. In this situation, beat on your chest and do not panic! :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Had it happen to me while eating some pot roast..Freaks you the heck out with panic..I hope it never happens again..I never eat in a hurry since it happened..LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.