UFC 168 - Anderson Silva breaks leg in title fight

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: UFC - Anderson Silva breaks leg in title fight

Just saw that. Hate it for him. He is truly the GOAT.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Also sucks for Chris Weidman. He's beaten Silva twice, but will likely get even less credit for this one than he did the first.
Yep. I think Weidman is a fine fighter, I just hate to see a dynastic run like Anderson had end like that. Really sucks.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Very gruesome. Hate it for Silva and the time may be near for him to walk away but given the competitive nature of Silva, he might want one more match with Weidman before he hangs 'em up.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

Also, Rousey submits ...whoever... via arm bar.
Do any of her fights end any differently?

Also sucks for Chris Weidman. He's beaten Silva twice, but will likely get even less credit for this one than he did the first.
My initial reaction after that first fight was that it was fixed. I haven't seen this recent fight.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Looks like Chris has his number.
I don't know if I would say that. Chris beat him the first fight but this fight could have gone either way before Silva broke his leg. Congrats to Chris though, seems like a great guy and a very good fighter.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Sadly yes I was watching this, was gruesome to say the least.

I had Weidman ahead after one in the fight up to that point.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Saw this on Reddit. Silva's new job......

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Some are asking if this is karma for all the showboating.
Most of the "showboating" was just AS fighting style. I've watched all of his fights in the UFC and he has done that in just about all of them. As great as he was, he was just bored with a lot of the competition. He knew they couldn't beat him. Of course father time caught up with him against CW.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

I don't know if I would say that. Chris beat him the first fight but this fight could have gone either way before Silva broke his leg. Congrats to Chris though, seems like a great guy and a very good fighter.
It was a really solid check by Chris that broke Silva's leg. I wish Silva didn't try to go matrix on Chris in the first fight.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

It was a really solid check by Chris that broke Silva's leg. I wish Silva didn't try to go matrix on Chris in the first fight.
Yea I think if AS had taken him seriously and fought seriously it would have been another knockout for AS and another title defense. Who knows though. Like I said earlier, sucks to see it end like that, the fight and possibly his career.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Most of the "showboating" was just AS fighting style. I've watched all of his fights in the UFC and he has done that in just about all of them. As great as he was, he was just bored with a lot of the competition. He knew they couldn't beat him. Of course father time caught up with him against CW.
Yep people were claiming they fixed the fight because he was doing that, well crap he done that in EVERY fight for a while now like you said. When you hear about "the fix" that's when you know they have never watched UFC before that night. Just watch Silva/Griffin and the like for the showboating.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Spoilers/results in the title of the thread, awesome. Been avoiding the results for days while on vacation & blam.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
How long you expect folks to wait? LOL
I expect there to be a thread about it that I can avoid clicking on & thus avoid the results until I watch it. Not a thread title that gives it away before I can avoid it. I for one hope we start doing this for threads about shows as well. Walking Dead - Zombie Daryl Dixon This Week Eats Rick's Sheriff Hat! LOL

I know I must be the only human being ever to record a sporting event to watch later & hope to not have the results pop up in unexpected ways. It's a shame other people haven't tried that before because I'm sure some sitcoms could get some writing material from that. LOL

LOL

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well generally if you wanted to watch it bad enough you'd be watching it instead of being on Tide Fans Non Sports forum to even see things like this. Obviously you didn't check out ESPN or any other sporting channel or website in between either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.