BamaNation Second Team TAKEPRIDE22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coach does matter too!!

I know everyone is geared up about getting the top recruits...but when it's all said and done, isn't the coach the most important part of this...I mean, I have seen teams have top classes, and nothing comes out of it. So I say this to say, we have the best coach in the country, so getting a 3 instead of a 5 start player shouldn't matter with the coach we have...IJS...RTR.

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Coach does matter too!!

University of Texas says "HI!!!"
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

While that's true and all, I'd rather have the best of the best coached by Saban and Company over UAB's finest coached by Saban and Company.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team TAKEPRIDE22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    While that's true and all, I'd rather have the best of the best coached by Saban and Company over UAB's finest coached by Saban and Company.
    Totally agree...not settling, was just saying if we did get the 3 star player, because of our coaches, we would be ok. I'm always expecting and wanting the best, but as we all know, just because they come in as 4/5 stars, doesn't always work on the field.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the general idea that coaching trumps recruiting rankings, but i just wanted to add that our coaching staff's board is not the same as the recruiting sites. Just one current example, but we have gone hard after Brian Wallace and he isn't rated as a top player by most sites, but he has been there behind Cam on our board all year. Same can be said of other ppl over the years (specifically thinking of some highly rated kids we've passed on).

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Auburn is a good example of that.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEPRIDE22 View Post
    Totally agree...not settling, was just saying if we did get the 3 star player, because of our coaches, we would be ok. I'm always expecting and wanting the best, but as we all know, just because they come in as 4/5 stars, doesn't always work on the field.
    The key is getting the players the coaches want regardless of the star rating. Their evaluation of the type players they need for each position far outweighs the opinions of the "guru's". CNS always has a "plan B" in case the top choice doesn't work out that will bring in someone else that will also fit into our program.
    ROLL TIDE

BamaNation First Team wileybb22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Gotta have the studs in the stable. But no doubt some coaches make all the difference in developing that talent.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

neither do all 3 stars.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

I know everyone is geared up about getting the top recruits...but when it's all said and done, isn't the coach the most important part of this...I mean, I have seen teams have top classes, and nothing comes out of it. So I say this to say, we have the best coach in the country, so getting a 3 instead of a 5 start player shouldn't matter with the coach we have...IJS...RTR.

Even Saban will tell you that you need good players to beat good teams. Coaching does matter, but rarely can you take a less talented team and beat a talented team consistently.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    neither do all 3 stars.
    But, if you look at the 3 star kids that coach Saban brings in. A lot of them are really diamonds in the rough, and coach Saban can spot them better than the recruiting services. I remember one of the services had Mark Ingram as a 3 star kid. I believe he took to the program pretty well :-). Just My Opinion.