A Few Recruiting Tidbits

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I am hopeful.

Man, something has got to give. Why these DBs (especially CB) aren't lining up to play at Bama is beyond me.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
parents prefer CNS to coach their son

While that is always important, it seems that this year's breed of players sees water being thicker than blood. It seems the kids are really trying to make their own decisions and would rather play with friends than play where their parents want them to. Not everyone is like that, but it does seem to be a trend.
Parents don't go on all of these unofficial visits and talke to players constantly. It seems that when a player decommits and flips to another school, it more than likely has to do with peers in their ears. I could be wrong.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
While that is always important, it seems that this year's breed of players sees water being thicker than blood. It seems the kids are really trying to make their own decisions and would rather play with friends than play where their parents want them to. Not everyone is like that, but it does seem to be a trend.
Parents don't go on all of these unofficial visits and talke to players constantly. It seems that when a player decommits and flips to another school, it more than likely has to do with peers in their ears. I could be wrong.
I think you are mostly right. I am always very concerned when one of our comitts visits another school without their parent(s).

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
While I still don't think we land Brown, I am hopeful I am wrong.. That kid will be a star. much rather have him lining up in the same defensive backfield as us, rather than against us..

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
A lot of insiders on 247 are predicting Elisha Shaw to Bama these past few days. I havent heard much about him these last few months regarding his interests. Did we make a late push?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think Humphrey has some great speed and ability, but I haven't seen a killer instinct in him from the All-star game. Seems that UA practice is the same. I don't know Humphrey, but you wonder if his father's legacy has hyped him up more than should be. I think he can be a great player. I just would like to see him with a more aggressive mindset.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
What is the scoop on Landon Collins' brother, Gerald Willis? I read where he asked his mom to bring a pair of Bama gloves to his announcement tomorrow.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
What is the scoop on Landon Collins' brother, Gerald Willis? I read where he asked his mom to bring a pair of Bama gloves to his announcement tomorrow.
we haven't been on radar for him for a long time. If he picked us, it'd be mor shocking than LF or Brown picking us because Willis seemed to eliminate us long ago.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
we haven't been on radar for him for a long time. If he picked us, it'd be mor shocking than LF or Brown picking us because Willis seemed to eliminate us long ago.
I thought that was the case, and probably still is. He said he has enjoyed the time he has spent with his brother and Bama players in NOLA this week. Probably asked for the gloves out of respect for his brother.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.