A Few Recruiting Tidbits

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Sj....I just don't see their crystal ball predictions so I assumed it was premium and don't want TFs in trouble....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know that Landon moved up to north LA with his father after Katrina. To some extent, that might explain his independence. Does anyone know if Willis remained with the mother?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
RTO, gotcha.

So let me share what some sources are saying. Hootie back to Bama, Brown and Tabor to Bama, maybe Rudolph to Bama or Fsu.
Most source at the UA game believe Fournette to lsu. recruiting is very fluid as you know so tifwiw.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
RTO, gotcha.

So let me share what some sources are saying. Hootie back to Bama, Brown and Tabor to Bama, maybe Rudolph to Bama or Fsu.
Most source at the UA game believe Fournette to lsu. recruiting is very fluid as you know so tifwiw.

With the numbers not working for him at LSU (plus i think he genuinely doesn't want to go there), i think Hootie is stuck between us and Ole Miss in his decision making. I actually feel good about this, and think he recommits...we'll see

The closer we get, the better I feel about Brown also. Reading his latest interview (link not included due to being an ESPN premium) he spoke on how much he liked CNS, mentioned how most of his friends think he should go to UA, and said that because most people assume he is going to LSU (since his sister is on track scholly there) he's tried to create his own identity... I think we may land him, actually feel 50/50, where as I really thought the ship had sailed on him.

Fournette NOT going to LSU tomorrow would be the biggest surprise of all...I don;t see it happening (just check the LF thread)

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
RTO, gotcha.

Rodney Orr has changed his Brown prediction to Bama FWIW. He also thinks we get Table but he is still skeptical on Rudolph(FSU) and Fournette(LSU).

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Most confidence is we land Rudolph with Tabor a little more uncertain but believe we land him, fournette is LSU. I do believe Hootie recommit to us. His mom has never even visited Ole Miss so I don't they are being considered that much. Hearing Lsu don't really have room for him so that means he will be back in this class. That's my opinion. I belive Brown is so close that it could go either way. I have a gut feeling he chooses Bama but you never know in recruiting.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know that Landon moved up to north LA with his father after Katrina. To some extent, that might explain his independence. Does anyone know if Willis remained with the mother?
It was heavily discussed in the ESPN piece on Landon in November. Gerald is a momma's boy.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I sat by Landon's family at a game this year. Landon's dad and little brother were just awesome. Decked out in their Landon gear they were SO proud of him. Nothing new here but he's very close to them and that side of the family. I have my own opinions about the mom, but I'll keep them to myself. Landon is a very nice, well-mannered young man. His entire family should be very proud whether they bleed purple and gold or not.

Sorry, that added nothing about Gerald. ;) Just HAD to say that about Landon.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LSU recruiting folks are tweeting they believe LSU goes 5 for 5 today in announcements. We'll see.

LSU beat writer for The Advocate:

@DellengerAdv
Four recruiting reporters - each working at different outlet - tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.

Cecil provides his take on the above tweet:

@CecilHurt
Looks likely. RT @DellengerAdv: Four recruiting reporters tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.

Last edited:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
LSU recruiting folks are tweeting they believe LSU goes 5 for 5 today in announcements. We'll see.

LSU beat writer for The Advocate:

@DellengerAdv
Four recruiting reporters - each working at different outlet - tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.

There is a good chance of that. Of course, there was a good chance LSU would beat Bama in the 2011 in the BCSNCG also. I just hope we can get 1 or 2. Just remembering that friendships form and strengthen when guys are together for 5 days straight. some may make a choice today based on emotional highs, but realize something else when they return home.
Love to see our OL and DL dominate today.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.