A Few Recruiting Tidbits

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I just ran across this article on Tabor...seems to have good interactions with current commits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-db-jalen-tabor-set-to-make-college-decision/

Good article and video. I thought his quote that he wished he would have committed a long time ago bodes well for Bama since Arizona wasn't really in the hunt until recently (if I am correct). Har to imagine Arizona beating us out when it is even further away from home. Does anyone know why he likes Arizona?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
LSU recruiting folks are tweeting they believe LSU goes 5 for 5 today in announcements. We'll see.

LSU beat writer for The Advocate:

@DellengerAdv
Four recruiting reporters - each working at different outlet - tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.

Cecil provides his take on the above tweet:

@CecilHurt
Looks likely. RT @DellengerAdv: Four recruiting reporters tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.
It`s always amazed me how someone who can come across as such a doofus at times can be such a recruiting machine ! Or is it that Louisiana is just such a talent gold mine year in and year out that anybody could be the head coach at LSU and be successful when it come to recruiting? I`d be curious to know how many of their 85 come from Louisiana.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
LSU recruiting folks are tweeting they believe LSU goes 5 for 5 today in announcements. We'll see.

LSU beat writer for The Advocate:

@DellengerAdv
Four recruiting reporters - each working at different outlet - tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.

Cecil provides his take on the above tweet:

@CecilHurt
Looks likely. RT @DellengerAdv: Four recruiting reporters tweeted over last 5 minutes that #LSU going 5 for 5 today looks good. Hmm.
Hard to keep up. Besides Brown and Fournette, who are the other 3 ?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It`s always amazed me how someone who can come across as such a doofus at times can be such a recruiting machine ! Or is it that Louisiana is just such a talent gold mine year in and year out that anybody could be the head coach at LSU and be successful when it come to recruiting? I`d be curious to know how many of their 85 come from Louisiana.
One thing is he's very like-able and he's not always a doofus. We only see the magical gems he gives us on interview segments but he doesn't walk around like that all day. He's a player's coach and kids like playing for him.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Regarding the 5 for 5 theme, some very reliable LSU mods believe Noil is Texas AM bound. Imo, the lsu mods from all their major sites are very split on their predictions. It wouldn't surprise anyone if Jamal Adams or Gerard Willis commits to Florida for that matter. Its recruiting, not science. I don't think they go for 5 for 5. Maybe 3.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
strong possibility Noil to Texas AM. Rumblings Adams could lean in favor of Florida.
From what I've heard, Noil favored A&M but his mom really wants him to stay in state and play for LSU. Within the last hour, a few LSU insiders have said on Twitter that they're very confident Noil picks LSU. Seemed as if last night A&M had all the momentum, now it's looking like LSU.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Lots of Tony Brown-to-Alabama speculation out there. I'm still going to have to see it to believe it, but the staff deserves tremendous credit for the job they've done recruiting him in recent weeks and we've got a real shot with this one. Kind of a strange situation here because both 'Bama and LSU people are quite optimistic, so his announcement will be eagerly anticipated.

Much of the same goes for Tabor, as well. FWIW, I think we have a stronger chance there than with Brown, but he's been a very tough read. Very little contact with the respective staffs in recent weeks, and while it's easy to think 'Bama beats out Arizona for a recruit, Tabor has some ties to a couple of guys on the Arizona roster. Still, have to think distance helps us somewhat, as does the fact that we've had several guys openly recruiting him to UA in Orlando, whereas Arizona really has no presence at the game. Likelihood of early playing time doesn't hurt either, and IMO he's got a better chance of playing early than either Humphrey or Brown.

I'm sure it's pie-in-the-sky thinking, but frankly I'm hoping that we get all three of the remaining corner prospects. For better or for worse in the modern game, there is no such thing as too many quality cornerbacks on the roster. In this day and age, you are just about forced to stockpile those guys like linemen.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.