A Few Recruiting Tidbits

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
  • Hand is completely dominating at the UA game. Unstoppable. #1 prospect, period.
  • Casher did not get a lot of fanfare, but he pushed around 5* Andre Brown all practice.
  • Cameron Sims is winning a lot of battles with some 5* DBs including Hump
  • Hump has a better realtionship with FSU track coaches than he does Bama track coaches....just FWIW. Relationship with Pruitt and Smart are similar.
  • Scarbrough is looking good at slot and RB. Hands have improved a lot.
  • Elam is leaning UK....like I said before, he said yes to Bama but cant tell the home folks 'no'
  • But DL Josh Frazier will make us forget him as he is the best looking propsect in San Antonio. Weighed in at 330+.
  • Tabor will pick between Arizona and Bama. Lots of folks predicitng Bama, though the 247 writers at UF saying they know he picks Zona.... Tabor has looked better than Hump so far, FWIW...
  • WR Travis Rudolph claims Bama as a slight leader. He is better than the Dixon kid that picked tOSU, IMO
  • Hootie apologized to our staff for how the decommit happened. Still confused, and LSU does not have a spot for him currently. Which makes the Ole Mi$$ situation....well, ya know....
  • CJ Hampton is still uncertain of his decision...Bama coaches still calling since he signed aid form with us....
  • Unconfirmed rumor Davion Hall got a call from the staff. Would be another option at S, if true
  • Cornwell is a leader. I dont know that I have seen a HS QB that can become friends with basically every other kid he comes in contact with.
  • Zach Whitley has nearly a 7 foot wingspan.
  • This is the recruiting silly season. Rumors run rampant. Dont feed the trolls on this board.
  • Wallace is choosing between us and Arky. Like our chances here. #2 true OT in this class, IMO.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
RTO,

you just confirmed about Frazier who has most scouts drooling over his physcial presence and perfrormance thus far. see my post on Frazier thread.

Cam Sims will be a legit threat at WR with his size and hands. faster than most people expected.

Hand is this year's Clowney. I know most Bama fans have been waiting for such a prospect to commit since Saban arrived. you got your wish.

Casher is for real. physically he does not looked the part yet but plays with great technique and strength

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
RTO, what are the chances Hootie and/or Hampton come to Bama? Hampton would need to hurry up and make a decision since the spring semester starts next week. Same goes for Hootie if he plans to be an EE.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I've seen Marlon run track in person for several years now, and no one has to convince me of his athletic gifts. But I do wonder if some of the other elite corners might have an edge on him football-wise, because they spent last summer camping and he spent his summer running track.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
Saw a couple of videos on Twitter of Sims beating Humphrey and Adoree Jackson(?). He's gonna be a good one.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Thanks for putting this together. I really appreciate your information and insight.

Casher's picture on 247 is telling of his attitude. Shows he will be "open for business" when he gets on the field.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
RTO,

you just confirmed about Frazier who has most scouts drooling over his physcial presence and perfrormance thus far. see my post on Frazier thread.

Cam Sims will be a legit threat at WR with his size and hands. faster than most people expected.

Hand is this year's Clowney. I know most Bama fans have been waiting for such a prospect to commit since Saban arrived. you got your wish.

Casher is for real. physically he does not looked the part yet but plays with great technique and strength
But he is so humble. He will be so much better because of that! RTR!!

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I like the fact that Cornwell shows up to a camp he can't play in just to network and build relationships. I like the fact that he spent time helping the other quarterbacks. It's just good to see the sort of sportmanship that we all know leads to championships. I do believe he is a bit of a raw prospect thanks to his familiy situation causing an interrupted career but all the parts appear to be there. He just needs to get to campus and start putting it together.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.