Pick the score: Oklahoma vs. Alabama (Sugar Bowl)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Many of you guys have not learned from that last game. Many picked Bama to slaughter the Barn. It didn't happen. Did you forget or are you just being POSITIVE in your thinking.

There is a thread regarding whether Alabama will play like they did against Utah or against Michigan State. I'm not sure which way it's going to go.

I hope Bama wins BIG. However, I just don't think that will happen.

I just hope we win! I don't care if it's just by "1" point!

My feeling is the Stoops' brothers are going to have the Sooners eating nails, barbed wire, gun powder, etc. and are going to have them FIRED UP for us! They have something to prove! They are coming off a high in their win against Oky State. We are coming to play after the LOWEST of LOWS, that last second loss to the ____ (I just can't say that name again).

So, here's hoping we pull off a win. I'll even take 3 to 2 with Bama having the 3. But I think the Sooners will score at least 24. Can we score more? I don't know. We are capable of scoring big time, but will it happen? I don't know.

So, I'm saying Alabama 28 Oklahoma 27.5. I could never pick against Alabama, but I just don't have a good feeling about this game.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I haven't read any of this thread, so maybe I repeat an earlier post. I think OU is going to face the best team in the country who is more than a little ticked off. That may have us playing a little tight early on, but I think a close game at half becomes a beatdown in the 2nd half. Bama 38, OU 20.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
That's conservative?? I'd hate to see your blowout prediction if you thought it was not going to be close.;)

I know OU has some injury problems, but they still have some talent and great team speed/skilled position guys and we have yet to show we can shut down the read option O. I won't predict a score but I think this game could be much closer than some think.
I am with dman.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The AU game very well could have been a blowout for all the "learn your lesson from the last game". If Alabama executes they will win comfortably. If they don't, AND OK plays a flawless game it will be close. My chips would certainly be placed on the Tide.

38-13 Bama

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I will predict this as I always do...it definitely depends on "which team" shows up on Thursday. If they want this game and want to win..there is no stopping us. They need to have the hunger to win....I think they do. They don't want a repeat of the last Sugar Bowl.

We go out with a bang 42-21! RTR.

And if I am wrong then so be it...it is just a game. ;)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
One could look at this a couple of ways...

I definitely think OU will be very fired up for this game, focused, and prepared. That could make for a close game if Bama isn't that into it or has trouble executing for any of many reasons.

Or - the pressure is off so we are loose - and irritated - and no matter how much OU wants it they're gonna run into the buzz saw that's won 60 games in the last 5 years and it ain't going to be pleasant.

Scenario 1 Bama 27 OU 21 - likelihood 35%

Scenario 2 Bama 45 OU 14 - likelihood 65%

:tongue:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
My score prediction business is permanently shuttered and closed for business. Interested to see what Jess N. has to say on this game.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
This is going to be much more like the Michigan State Bowl game than the one versus Utah. For starters, this Oklahoma team isn't nearly as good as that Utah team.

I say the Tide Rolls 45 - 13.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
41-13. People will "wonder" how the Barn ever beat this team.
This is what I want to see. I want to see us so dominant that the final poles will have us #1 ahead of the Barn that defeats FSU in a VERY, VERY, Very UGLY played game. Did I just say what I think I said?

Bama needs to win big to get me out of this state: i.e. Bama depression.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Same here. Also, I've got the same feeling I did before the Utah game. So I'm going to stay out of the prediction business on this one and just pray my "feeling" is a bad case of gas.
I will share some of my Gas-X chewables with you, hoping this will solve the problem.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.