Duke v. Texas A&M

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Those 2 non-called P.I.'s were ridiculous.

Too bad the game had to end on an interception.

Oh well...I think Duke made a statement tonight regardless of the final score.

Good game and congrats to JF and TAM.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
JH didn't cause those two AWFUL interceptions. Blame the Duke OL for wilting when they were needed.
The OL had nothing to do with the pick-six. That was 100% on the Duke QB, who by the way, had all kinds of time to throw for most of the night. He also made a poor decision at the very end, even though things obviously broke down because of the A&M blitz.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
True. But they scored enough points to win any other game.
Against Duke.

Let's be serious, this isn't a big win for atm, it's proof of where atm really is. It shows their average finish of 6th in the SEC as accurate, if not inflated.

I *want* atm to be good, but they aren't. And they won't improve losing three or more first round draft picks...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The OL had nothing to do with the pick-six. That was 100% on the Duke QB, who by the way, had all kinds of time to throw for most of the night. He also made a poor decision at the very end, even though things obviously broke down because of the A&M blitz.
Well, that further proves my point - both those picks were on Duke.

I really want to see atm as a good team, but I've a really hard team seeing them as slightly better than mid-SEC. This game does nothing to change that.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
Against Duke.

Let's be serious, this isn't a big win for atm, it's proof of where atm really is. It shows their average finish of 6th in the SEC as accurate, if not inflated.

I *want* atm to be good, but they aren't. And they won't improve losing three or more first round draft picks...
Agreed. This is as close to a one-man team as you will ever see in the game of football.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Against Duke.

A&M isn't going anywhere until they fix that defense. They don't even need a top 10 defense. Heck, if they were just top 30, they probably would have won 11 games this year.

And didn't I tell Jesse Palmer to just shut up?

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
Well, that further proves my point - both those picks were on Duke.

I really want to see atm as a good team, but I've a really hard team seeing them as slightly better than mid-SEC. This game does nothing to change that.
I'm not really looking at this game in terms of where A&M fits into the SEC pecking order, but I suppose that you could say the offense plays a big part in every turnover. But the defense did make two plays right there. Yes, I know it was Duke. The defense still forced the action.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Against Duke.

Very true. What I'd be most worried about is what I mentioned earlier. Their def. simply never showed even a hint of improvement in 13 games.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Those 2 non-called P.I.'s were ridiculous.

Too bad the game had to end on an interception.

Oh well...I think Duke made a statement tonight regardless of the final score.

Good game and congrats to JF and TAM.
First PI was iffy, I think when a DB sees a ball headed straight for an airborne receiver he should be able to tackle him from the back. Second one was deflected so it doesn't matter if there was PI or not.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Against Duke.

I meant that Duke scored enough points to win any other game. Their defense couldn't stop JFB...like most defenses that he has faced.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Johnny football sure is entertaining when he's not playing against us. The reincarnation of Fran Tarkington,(I know, he's still kicking) with more speed and fast twitch muscle. Fun to watch and glad he's gone.(probably)

Sumlin better jump on an offer to move up in the coaching world if he can. With JM gone, and that high school level defense of theirs, his stock will surely drop after next year.

Great surge for the Dukies this year, but they better enjoy it now because it won't last, never does with schools like them, Northwestern, or Vandy.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
A&M isn't going anywhere until they fix that defense. They don't even need a top 10 defense. Heck, if they were just top 30, they probably would have won 11 games this year.

And didn't I tell Jesse Palmer to just shut up?
If I had been the head coach at aTm, on the way to the locker room I would have FIRED the DC.

I would have let the OC talk to the Offense at half-time.

I would have had a meeting with the defense at halftime. I'm not going to say what I would have said but they would have thought there was fire and brimstone (whatever that is) coming outta my mouth. Also, they may have been told that anyone not giving their ALL the 2nd half would have to find a way back to College Station on their own: walking, thumbing, etc. because they had stunk-up the Georgia Dome in the first half and I just could not take another half like that.

As bad as the Aggie Defense was playing in the first half, I think they could have done better by just sitting everyone on the first team on the bench.

I know you can't compare two games, but where was Duke when we needed them to play a good game in the ACC championship against FSU? It may have been that FSU has a defense and the Aggies don't!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.