Game Thread: ****Bama vs. OU Game Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Okay, Yeldon had fumbled 3 times this season. 3. Our O-Line is just as we suspected during the pre-season.. getting gashed at the seams and trying to cover. On D, we are not adjusting fast enough and not bringing enough pressure. Let's see what Saban and Kirby can cook up for the second half. Texas came back in their bowl game with what 24 un-answered points? So please end the doom and gloom. Many here were saying well, since we lost to Auburn, this game does not matter. I disagreed then and do so now.
5. And he's lost 4

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
I'm beginning to think those of you who keep saying, "don't worry, this is an easy three TD win" are bad luck charms.

In all sincerity, we better get our act together. We need to start running the ball to set up for the pass. So far we've been all finesse and let's face it...that's not Alabama football, AJ or not. We're getting away from what we do best: punching the opponent in the gut. Secondarily, we have to figure out the HUNH. It's a stupid, ugly, sloppy, and rule-abusing scheme, but it's not going away. Defensive players HAVE to play their assignments. Defending the HUNH is down to individual responsibility.

That said, we need help in the secondary. We're really, really missing Sunseri right now, but there are major holes in the secondary that make things much too easy for their QB.

Also, why is Drake not in the mix? Why did he suddenly get put in the doghouse? He was doing really well.

Lastly, our offensive line needs to start playing like men again. Pressure on our QB by a Big 12 defense is inexcusable.

Yeah, I know...a bit of armchair quarterbacking, but I need to get it out of my system. I'm really frustrated right now. This performance is very disappointing.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Defense - get at least 4 stops.
Offense - don't give up on the run. Just yet. But if we're not within 10 at least by the 4th then we're going to have to throw it around.
No more turnovers. Block. Keep AJ clean.

If we do these things, we'll be in striking range at the end. Or better.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Okay, Yeldon had fumbled 3 times this season. 3. Our O-Line is just as we suspected during the pre-season.. getting gashed at the seams and trying to cover. On D, we are not adjusting fast enough and not bringing enough pressure. Let's see what Saban and Kirby can cook up for the second half. Texas came back in their bowl game with what 24 un-answered points? So please end the doom and gloom. Many here were saying well, since we lost to Auburn, this game does not matter. I disagreed then and do so now.
I think he lost 3 fumbles this season but may have fumbled more?

JV's Tide

3rd Team
Jan 11, 2010
With all due respect, if a person can't show any emotion when your team is playing even if it's a bit of frustration when your team is playing under par than expected, then I wonder if that person is much of a fan either. I don't think anyone here is insulting players or our coaching staff. If we lose, the sun *will* come up tomorrow. I think this forum is a great place to express those emotions if done appropriately. My two cents.
I am fine with people showing emotion and frustration, but I will disagree with the bold print. I doesn't look good but I am in no way giving up or think that we cannot win this game.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Obviously, turnovers are making a bad situation worse, but we look like Clemson's defense out there. Methinks we brought in the wrong Kiffin for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.