****Bama Vs. OU Postgame Thread****

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
Forgot his name, but we lost a great o-line coach after last season. The line has been off all year, and the experienced ones have had the most penalties. I hope this is worked out.
An illegal procedure call on Cade's made FG attempt killed us against Auburn, and we had something similar happen tonight going backwards because of IL calls.

We had more Illegal Procedure calls in our first 3 games than the entire season last year combined, and I bet if someone looked it up it would be a record. At least 2 a game, probably 20 or so for the season.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
On the bright side, I think this will be a wakeup call for Saban, Smart and the players... Have teams figured out our D??? It is a fair Q and I think something we need to look at... Is it time to pit Kirby back at DB coach and move around the rest? IDK but, I do think changes are coming...
Our coaching staff has some work to do to figure out how to stop the HUNH offense. But with Nick Saban as our head coach, I believe they will do just that. You could kind of see it coming all season with the way Texas A&M lit us up.

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
Me too. That is without question what it is going to take.
It's REALLY hard for an old dog to eat new treats.

Especially type-a personalities like CNS. Hopefully he's willing. We've got to find a way to stop this stuff.

And where was Derrick Henry all season? The kid's got a bright future, but I wonder if certain games have had different outcomes with a few extra 1st downs...

Was he that terrible in pass protection early on? It seems he could have gotten some carries & experience against lesser teams.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I think that this means Alabama will drop out of the top 5 for the first time since 2010.
I'm actually good with this. I know this sounds stupid but I dreaded some games this year. After the MSU game decided it wasn't worth the emotional energy. It's just a game. On the other have, a team with Bama's talent being the underdog? It excites me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfman

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 4, 2013
I also think Coach Saban hasn't called the best game plan the last few games. Too much passing in certain points. We should have been running the ball more in the second half tonight. DH is going to be a beast for us though. It hurts to lose tonight because I really wanted AJ to go out on a win... but the future is bright. RTR!!!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Football, like life, has a way of humbling you. It's why I love the game. Sometimes things happen. Tonight, things happened. And when those things happen, it's up to you to learn from them and grow or dismiss it as an anomaly and allow it to happen to you again. Offseason should be fun. There will be attrition. There will be some exciting additions. See you guys at A-Day. Roll Tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There is a difference between questioning coaching decisions and questioning a coach's parentage. ;)

That said, SOMEONE needs to be taken to task for leaving CK all alone when it was clear from the very beginning that he couldn't handle the end on his own.
Vogler was hurt and OJ is not really the right TE to help on that side. That said, we did have other options which we didn't seem to use...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
1. Nightmare #1 at the Barn

2. Nightmare #2 in New Orleans

I think the best team lostin both Nightmares.

Just looking at the 2nd half, I think our players played really hard. They'll probably sleep better than me.

I thought Bama would pull it out up until that last fumble. Just tooooooooo many mistakes.

I sure hope I can sleep tonight.

Is the SEC superiority a MYTH?

Also, Big Game Bob finally becomes Big Game Bob!

Back to the drawing board.

Wishbone Sooner, congratulations on a Big win!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Gonna be a lot of soul searching before we play WVU next year.

Coaches need to re-eval how we play the HUNH and figure out who we are on short yardage. CB's need to step up, and we are going to have to get the OL and QB situation figured out. If CNS is telling the truth about rebuilding, I hope if the QB competition is close we go with the one that will be a multi-year starter. If so I like our chances to make another run in 2015. I'm just afraid with what we are replacing it will be a rebuilding year with 2-3 losses in 2014. So, I hope everyone tempers their expectations.

Good news is we now know who is going to the getting a ton of carries at RB next season. Coop and OJ(hope Nuss figures out how to get the ball to him) will be back for whoever wins out at QB. And lets hope Hand is as good as advertised.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Oklahoma came out with the better game plan, wanted it more, whipped us when it counted, and deserved the win. Congratulations to them.
We have work to do but will roll again. Next year will be full of surprises and I am looking forward to what it will bring. It's going to be fun.
Thanks to all our seniors, it was a wonderful time. Good luck in the pros, we'll be watching.
Roll Tide!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Rough end to the season for sure. Hopefully the skid marks Stoops and staff left on our staff burn enough to spur some change in philosophy.

That said, thanks to this senior class. Your era of Bama football will always be remembered with reverence.

The last time we lost two in a row, we won 3 of the next 4 nattys. Looking forward to next season.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
We cannot pressure anyone without bringing six, that is a problem on defense. It goes without saying that the D will have to adapt. Every great coach has had to adjust to the game. I, too, hate this Hurry up (HUNH) crap. But, until we start consistently start shutting it down, we are going to get a steady dose of it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
On the bright side, I think this will be a wakeup call for Saban, Smart and the players... Have teams figured out our D??? It is a fair Q and I think something we need to look at... Is it time to pit Kirby back at DB coach and move around the rest? IDK but, I do think changes are coming...
I remember dre Kirkpatrick in 2010, and then in the following years. And I will always put money on Saban having a good defense, especially secondary many many more years than not.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Forgot his name, but we lost a great o-line coach after last season. The line has been off all year, and the experienced ones have had the most penalties. I hope this is worked out.
An illegal procedure call on Cade's made FG attempt killed us against Auburn, and we had something similar happen tonight going backwards because of IL calls.

We had more Illegal Procedure calls in our first 3 games than the entire season last year combined, and I bet if someone looked it up it would be a record. At least 2 a game, probably 20 or so for the season.
Jeff Stoutland- he's with the Eagles.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I remember dre Kirkpatrick in 2010, and then in the following years. And I will always put money on Saban having a good defense, especially secondary many many more years than not.
^^THIS. BTW Dre had a pick six on Sunday to seal the win.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Well, the word is out. You beat Alabama with speed, as in snap it as fast as possible because we can't beat you straight up. It works. AND it's effective.

Sent from my iPhone
Without question. My only disagreement with you is that it IS beating us straight up. Our coach implied that it's not, and it is my opinion that he is wrong. He can't put a stop to the hurry-up with his words. It has to happen on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.