Congrats to OU

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Congrats to our OU fans on here that post regularly, Wishbonesooner and Owenfieldreams mainly. Your team came to play and executed a great game plan, when both of you didn't give your Sooners much of a chance. I wish we could have given a better effort to make it a better game and I only hope that our coaches and players can learn from this.

Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Embarrassing, but you gotta give it to Stoops and his team. Well-prepared Sooner team. I hope this gives our coaches and players the motivation to come back in the 2014 with a resolve like they had in 2009.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Oklahoma brought it and kicked our butts. That simple. Congratulations to OK and our resident OK fans; you deserve the celebration ... this time :redface:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'm not sure if it was lack of effort or scheme--either way, we have a lot to chew on in the off-season. One thing is for sure, how we play against and prepare for a read option O has to get another look--this attack has eaten our lunch now two games in a row. Something simply is not right.

On top of all that, this OU team was decimated with injuries. I would have not been surprised had FSU beaten us this way, but to lose this way to this Oklahoma team really is troubling.

Last edited:

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Congrats to our OU fans on here that post regularly, Wishbonesooner and Owenfieldreams mainly. Your team came to play and executed a great game plan, when both of you didn't give your Sooners much of a chance. I wish we could have given a better effort to make it a better game and I only hope that our coaches and players can learn from this.
D man, I have never been more proud of my Sooners. Alabama is a truly great program and we Sooners have the utmost respect for the Tide. As you saw during the game, our injury situation this year has been horrendous. For this team to win 11 games and beat ND & Alabama in the same year, under the circumstances, is truly amazing.

Happy New Year to all you great Tide Fans. Let's do this again. It is an honor to be on the same field with you.

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I have said before on this board I consider 'Bama to the best team in 2013.

Was a great game between tough worthy opponents. On paper, OU shoud have stayed home.

I was particularily pleased to see opposing help players up. To me. that means a lot.

Maybe next year our teams can meet in the "Big" game.

Boomer Sooner.........Roll Tide.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A friend from Oklahoma just sent me a text: 'Well, I guess Bob was right after all--SEC defenses DO suck." Right now, it's hard to argue with him.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep I was hoping to get revenge for 03 but we flat out stunk it up tonight. We REALLY have to look at the way we approach uptempo offenses. The 2nd half was pretty good until the 4th when I think we were just tired and of course the two screens were just better calls. I still wished we played a home and home with OU again but hopefully we'll meet in the playoffs next year.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Congratulations to the Sooners tonight! You were the best team on the field...hate to say that. I thought that Utah would be a lesson to Alabama tonight. But you know, players and situations change. We will learn from tonight. Thank heavens we have Coach Saban to be sure that happens. Roll Tide, everyone!!!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I am thinking that the reason Trevor Knight had a great night against us is that we really didn't know what QB to prepare for. We really ran into a gunslinger tonight. Great win for the Sooner Nation.

OUsage

Aug 24, 2005
Thanks for the kinds word, guys.

It's the biggest win for Oklahoma in awhile for a good reason. Alabama has been the gold standard for college football for the Teen Decade....3 NC's in 4 years....you all are enjoying a dynasty.

Much respect to Alabama and the Tide fan base. We consider you our long lost brother from another region.

Nothing but class, whether it be in Norman, Tuscaloosa, or New Orleans....just like we expected. We'll be for you boys every time as long as you're not playing our Sooners.

Best to you in 2014.

opksooner

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2002
Overland Park, Kansas
OUBoards.com
I didn't post during the game for fear that I'd let my enthusiasm get me in trouble.

This was the performance that every Sooner dreamed of seeing while secretly fearing being run out of the stadium. We played possibly our best game of the season, executing in the clutch. We just....had it going.

The Tide gave us everything we expected........a tough, tough, competitor.

Much respect to the Tide and all your fans. Hope we can find a way to continue our home & home series.

Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Very, very disappointing end for a high expectation season. But if that is going to be the result, I'd just as well see it happen to OU as anyone else. Much easier to stomach than the IB debacle, The Sooners were hungry and had something to prove, while Bama was listening to the people who declared them as two-touchdown favorites. Congratulations to the Sooners. Hopefully, this game will bring our guys back down to earth and convince our Staff to realize that the HUNH is going to be thrown at our team constantly until it's figured out how to be stopped. I really thought, though, that after the IB, that Bama would have been better prepared than what I saw tonight. Totally unlike what I have come to expect from a Coach Nick Saban team. Strange.

Roll Tide Roll...A'ight

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
While being very happy at the Sooners performance last night, I can't help but feel like we didn't get the best Bama had to offer. We can all talk about how you have to regroup and battle back after a tough loss, but I think your kids were disappointed having to play the Sooners.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Congrats to the Sooners... They played amazing last night. Seems like they found a QB in the last game! We were outplayed and they forced turnovers. To be honest, If you're going to lose, at least losing to a classy team is better than losing to a cheap/cheating team. At least we play like champions and lose like winners. I didnt see any unclassy gestures after the game so I believe we lost like winners should. Good Game Sooners. Best of luck in 2014.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.