On a positive note! Henry !

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Brilliant, but his size comes with a price, we can't expect him to be an every down back, he was seriously blowing after he had the 3 1st and ten 1st down runs.

He's a brilliant weapon to have but I think he still needs a partner, a partner who will see the ball more often then he does.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yep, Yeldon better be careful or he'll lose in place in line come the fall (or spring).

I also expect to hear more about Tennpenny next spring/fall. He's a back that runs more like Ingram/Richardson.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Brilliant, but his size comes with a price, we can't expect him to be an every down back, he was seriously blowing after he had the 3 1st and ten 1st down runs.

He's a brilliant weapon to have but I think he still needs a partner, a partner who will see the ball more often then he does.
He carried the ball 40+ times per game in HS. He just isn't in that kind of football shape here because he hasn't played much at all.

He had 4261 yards on 462 carries last year. I think he'd be fine as a feature back, although we always rotate backs anyway.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Now people see why we were going nuts over people wanting him to play LB. You don't see many kids his size run like he does (maybe Lacy that is it!). He showed tonight how quick he has been to learn pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield. He has shown his elite speed against Arky and tonight, and showed his amazing ability at the cut back which has always been his thing. Him picking things up like he did after the Iron Bowl proved he has figured things out and that is scary for the SEC for at least 2 more years.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
In hind sight, I wish the next years team would have started the 2nd half with out burning any redshirts. We really didn't have anything to lose and a world of experience to gain. Not a knock on our seniors because they are still part of what is a great team and is steadily getting better.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
He carried the ball 40+ times per game in HS. He just isn't in that kind of football shape here because he hasn't played much at all.
Possibly a lack of match sharpness, but it did look like a stamina issue in the pictures we saw here. We don't get any coverage of the High School level football here, will he be a much larger man now than he was then? Does the effort required to make runs not alter much between the two levels? Both genuine questions btw :).

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
People will be surprised with Tyren Jones as well. With him rehabbing his knee we didn't get to see him this year. Our future at RB is going to be sick and many think we need another RB this year!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Possibly a lack of match sharpness, but it did look like a stamina issue in the pictures we saw here. We don't get any coverage of the High School level football here, will he be a much larger man now than he was then? Does the effort required to make runs not alter much between the two levels? Both genuine questions btw :).
He was probably a tad bigger in high school as I imagine Cochran slimmed him down just a tad, especially when he broke his leg or whatever it was during the Spring and all he could do was lift but that could have also hurt him.

But I think many RB's would have been a little winded after breaking that many tackles in running the ball so much back to back to back like that. Now I do think he could have came back in after he got a play or two breather but I think the coaches went against it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.