run the football

Lalinebacker

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2001
The best running backs in game and we go away from what works and pass the ball or get saked!!!!
What is wrong with this?

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
The best running backs in game and we go away from what works and pass the ball or get saked!!!!
What is wrong with this?
Go figure. However nobody pays me 6 million a year to make those kind of decisions. I do know this! When you have a prize stallion (Henry), you don't keep him in the stable. You run him. That's what you got him for.

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
I dont see the logic. They are lining 5-7 guys on the LOS and basically standing up, bull rushing the O line, time wasnt an issue and we had run the ball well all night. I am at odds with the play calling, we played right into their hands.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Yeah, they held us to 31 points and just 516 total yards of offense.
Doesn't mean a thing when you lose. You run 80 yards on one play and then go to passing and have several three and out. Both Drake and Henry are better backs than Yeldon. Yeldon will always live in Bama history for the Lsu game but he has been past as far as game breaking ability on the team.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Doesn't mean a thing when you lose. You run 80 yards on one play and then go to passing and have several three and out. Both Drake and Henry are better backs than Yeldon. Yeldon will always live in Bama history for the Lsu game but he has been past as far as game breaking ability on the team.
You missed the point.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
I thought the blue text is for sarcasm, so...

I know I missed the point, also. Can you explain it?
"the missed the point" was what I was referring to as not sarcasm. My point was, IMO...they're looking at the wrong side of the ball as to our short comings.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
"the missed the point" was what I was referring to as not sarcasm. My point was, IMO...they're looking at the wrong side of the ball as to our short comings.
I agree that the defense was the biggest reason for the loss. Changes better be coming.

Still, despite the yardage we often did a lousy job of protecting AJ (and he made some uncharacteristic terrible decisions). We seemed to have Henry rolling, but didn't take full advantage of it. As is often the case, there's blame enough for both sides of the ball.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Turn overs not play calls killed us because OU took advantage of All of them.
How many times we ran was the least of our problems.
O Line was just awful, AJ was on his back most of the night.

if some were thinking about the NFL it just cost them Millions.

finally I hope we get Vinnie back because the DB's are just not the same without him.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013
I agree that the defense was the biggest reason for the loss. Changes better be coming.

Still, despite the yardage we often did a lousy job of protecting AJ (and he made some uncharacteristic terrible decisions). We seemed to have Henry rolling, but didn't take full advantage of it. As is often the case, there's blame enough for both sides of the ball.
I truly believe you win/lose as a team, but AJ certainly didn't play his A-game. In fact, IMO, he might have hurt his stock as well. Granted, the OL missed assignments, but AJ is much better then he played last night. I'm looking forward to the day where our DL man-up and apply a little pressure to the QB....terrible way to end the season!

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Play calling probably could have been better, but the offense is not the reason we lost the game IMO. The way the defense was playing forced the offense to do some things out of their comfort zone. The single biggest play IMO was the Yeldon fumble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...the offense is not the reason we lost the game IMO....The single biggest play IMO was the Yeldon fumble.
Self-contradicting post of the week?

The defense, inarguably, did not play well; but the first four turnovers and the missed field goal cost us the game. Yeldon's fumble was practically a carbon copy of his fumble versus A&M last year...

But maybe it's just as well. A win might have masked the issues. The loss means we can't ignore them.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Go figure. However nobody pays me 6 million a year to make those kind of decisions. I do know this! When you have a prize stallion (Henry), you don't keep him in the stable. You run him. That's what you got him for.
Exactly!. I call him Big Red. Secretariat.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Self-contradicting post of the week?

The defense, inarguably, did not play well; but the first four turnovers and the missed field goal cost us the game. Yeldon's fumble was practically a carbon copy of his fumble versus A&M last year...

But maybe it's just as well. A win might have masked the issues. The loss means we can't ignore them.
The offense in general, was not the reason. No doubt they made some mistakes, but look at the total yards and points. When you total that many yards and score that many points you should win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.